SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P6 hammer strut, mainspring question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P6 hammer strut, mainspring question Login/Join 
posted
I have the “original,” “old-style,” “4-piece,” hammer strut / mainspring assembly. I would like to install the “new-style” hammer strut / mainspring assembly or the “E2” hammer strut / mainspring assembly. If I do this, will everything still work and will the current Hogue aluminum grips fit this new set up?

Posts: 679 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
The replacement hammer strut and seat are P226 parts. I installed them on my P6 with a Wolff main spring - 19 lb. I think. The gun shoots well.

Sorry but can’t answer your question about the grips. I like the originals.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a few questions regarding Hogue's product line and just used their email customer contact. They've been responsive and helpful each time, so I'd try that.

---------------------------------
P220 FrankenSig
P224 SAS 9mm
P226 Legion 9mm
P227 Suppressor host
P229 German 9mm
P229 SAS 9mm
P229 German 22LR/357/40
P239 9mm
P320 Compact 9mm
P938 "Little Dude"

Posts: 19 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida  | Registered: August 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post