SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger MK II & Volquartsen
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger MK II & Volquartsen Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted
I finished putting a Volquartsen accurizing kit in my Ruger MK II Competition yesterday.

It took me 4 weeks to install! Eek
During my first attempt at installation I had the unfortunate luck to lose the safety detent plunger, third time it popped out, it apparently wound up in the twilight zone.

Ruger finally came through with a new one, and I did the install yesterday. Took about three hours, but I finally got it!

Talk about a light, crisp trigger, this makes a YUGE improvement in trigger action. I can hardly wait to shoot it next week.

So, if you are on the fence about putting one of these in your Ruger .22, do not fret about not being able to do it. If even I can do it, so can you, after working on it for awhile, it will all of a sudden make sense, and then you got it.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife re-assembles all my Ruger .22 autos. She has a knack.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
You are a lucky man Fredward.

Especially if she does a full detail take down, and reassembly.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Warhorse,

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She'll take it down to the last pin if I want her to. She enjoys it, says it's like a 3d jigsaw puzzle.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yeah, getting them back together sure can be a challenge.

There is a local Volquartsen dealer nearby. When they first opened up I asked what was available or anything not listed or common. He said that there was a way to order all of the parts and they would come fully assembled. Back then they sold a barrel and bolt for 17mach2, but never listed a pistol in 17mach2, so...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I really want to put that kit in my MkII Competition. It already shoots great, but the trigger is a little off for my taste. I think I could do a lot better with a crisper trigger.
The tear-down and reassembly is what stops me LOL.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post
Much like the VQ hammer in a 10/22, the VQ sear in a Mark II is all you really need and only costs about $35. The full kit comes with a flatter trigger and some other goodies, but many folks will be perfectly pleased with just a sear.

Don't let reassembly scare you off, if you're mechanically inclined, you can learn the process.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I still have my VQ sear sitting here waiting for install! I have not built up the courage to try it yet Big Grin

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post