SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    KSP Glock 35
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KSP Glock 35 Login/Join 
posted
Curious if anyone has bought one of the Kentucky State Police trade in Glock 35s floating around and what your opinion of it was. Interest is purely academic at this point.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I have not purchased one. But I have been around a lot of them. KSP shoots pretty regularly so it will be used. As in all LE agencies, you always run the chance of finding a lightly used gun. But you always run the chance of getting a gun that came out of SRT.

They are good about weapons maint as an agency so I think you would be pleased.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one. I have a KKM .357 barrel in it, and it runs fine. It does show wear, and has the KSP logo lasered on the front right side of the slide.

Given Glock's tendency to run two hundred thousand rounds and survive most anything, and given that a lot of police carry far more than shoot, I'd expect dings, nicks, and wear, but a very serviceable firearm...which is what I received. I replaced the internals with new stock glock and a minus connector, put Trijicon HD sights on it, a vickers mag release and slide stop, and have the KKM barrel in it presently. I also added an agency arms minimalist mag well.

I'd like to know a little about it; who had it, how long it was in service, etc.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
I picked one up as well, sometime last year. Mine is very clean, and I have yet to shoot it.

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2490 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I found is VG to Exc, factory night sights and engraved top of slide. $450. Seems reasonable for a $600 gun new (paid $592+tax for my gen 4 34). Honestly, I'm mostly interested because of the slide engraving. I think marked trade ins are cool to collect. Have an OSHP Beretta 96D and one of the CHP 4006s so far.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
All the KSP Glocks I've handled had extremely crips triggers for a glock.

Posts: 391 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was mistaken; mine isn't KSP, but Oldham Co Sheriff's office.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These also peaked my curiosity. Do these have the 3.5 lb connector?

Posts: 463 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by randyman:
These also peaked my curiosity. Do these have the 3.5 lb connector?

No. The earlier Gen3s had the NY1. The Gen4s has the standard connector.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post