SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ameriglo Hakathorn Orange Ring Tritium Front Sight:
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ameriglo Hakathorn Orange Ring Tritium Front Sight: Login/Join 
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted
Just got my new Wilson-Beretta 92G Centurion, running it through some reliability testing today, I noticed the orange ring around the Tritium vial had decided to leave the sight. Couldn’t find it anywhere, not even residue left behind.

Has anyone else had an issue with these. On some of my other carry guns I’ve installed the Trijicon HD’s and haven’t had an issue.

Is the ring replaceable or does the sight need to go back to Ameriglo?

I shot them an email, but I figured I would throw myself on the knowledge of our great forum, someone will have delt with this.

Thanks,
- Matt

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That kinda sucks Frown. I really like the Hackathorn front sight on my Cen Tac. Really stands out. Have you notified WC?
May want to shoot them an email. Hopefully either Ameriglo or Wilson Combat takes care of it quickly.

I noticed in your other post that you had a couple of light primer strikes. I had some also with WWB. Never experienced this with my Brig Tac. I usually don't shoot WWB though. Will be interesting to see how this issue shakes out.

Good luck to you and I hope it gets squared away quickly.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sprg03-A3,

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Thanks Springfield,

I may put the heavier spring back in if this thing doesn’t run 100%, there was an extra in the case, don’t know if that one was the original or not.

Even for a range/class gun I want 100% reliability on ignition.

I’ll email Bill also.

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had two lose the paint and Ameriglo was very good about replacing them.

Mine were originally bought from Ameriglo by me, so I went directly to them and had the invoice number from the purchase.

Since yours came through Beretta, you may have to go through Beretta to get it taken care of.

Just a guess though.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
Bummer, I use to recommend Ameriglo with confidence. But lately whatever they are doing isn't up to par. This has been a reoccurring instance I've seen and heard over the past 8 months. Hopefully they get their act together.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, sad to see it’s a common issue.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Call Beretta....they'll take care of it

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Call Beretta....they'll take care of it

Will do, thanks.

posted Hide Post
Well this sucks. I just bought a Gen 5 Glock 17 and I must say that the Ameriglo sights helped push me into it.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
That's too bad. I'm sure they'll fix it for you. I have several sets of Ameriglo Hackathorn sights and have had no issues.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have 4 sets going strong.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine both failed within the first ten rounds. The replacement sights are going strong.

They either die right away or they work fine.

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GP229:
Mine both failed within the first ten rounds. The replacement sights are going strong.

So they replaced the entire sight? Was yours a Tritium failure or the same as mine, the fluorescent ring came loose?

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Invested in Ameriglo sights on a handful of Glock's nad had an issue with a rear sight that slid all the way through the dovetail with no resistance. Ameriglo wouldnt send me a replacemnet and told me I had to buy a new one. My only departure from trijicon in the last 10 years and back to them jsut as quicly. All over a 35.00 rear sight.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
quote:
Originally posted by GP229:

So they replaced the entire sight? Was yours a Tritium failure or the same as mine, the fluorescent ring came loose?

Same as yours, just the paint ring came off and a new sight was sent to me.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I had the same issue on the front sight of an early set of Ameriglo Idot Pro sights about 5 years ago.

However, I've since had several other sets of similar Ameriglo sights that have not had that issue.

In fact, my favorite handgun sights are Ameriglo UC sights, which have a similar hi-viz ring around the front sight. No problems with any of those. I have them on nearly all my 9mm Glocks, and the remainder will get them as their current night sights wear out. (For some reason, they're only offered for 9/40/357 Glocks, and not available for 45/10mm Glocks or other brands.)

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
So far so good on my 26! 600 rds on the new sights!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Got an email from CS at Ameriglo, new front sight on the way.