SIGforum
Home Gunsmithing Gone Wrong

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1590096824

August 10, 2017, 07:41 PM
PelicanKase
Home Gunsmithing Gone Wrong
So, I was trying to put an SRT into my P226. I was following this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=scx5Ej_dkQ4 and something extra fell out. On the left are the SRT sear and safety lever, on the right is the stock sear and safety lever and something else. Which is the extra part and where does it go, I think below the sear.

August 10, 2017, 07:43 PM
PelicanKase
Darn that was a big pic. I am still getting used to IMGUR with Photobucket no longer allowing linking. Is there anyway I can make that photo show up smaller?
August 10, 2017, 07:57 PM
NoQuota
That's the ejector, it goes top left ( looking down, pointing away) against the inside of the rail, held in by the same pins as the sear.

I wish pictures were easier to post on this forum, I could walk you through it.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
August 10, 2017, 08:15 PM
PelicanKase
So from left to right it is ejector, sear, sear spring, and safety lever?

I need a good top down photo. I am also having trouble with spring orientation.

Thanks NoQuota!
August 10, 2017, 08:16 PM
.38supersig
There should be a smaller pin (the sear spring retains tension against this pin) that you didn't have to remove from the left side of the frame. The other hole in the ejector accepts the sear axis pin that goes through the frame. There should be a gap this fits into next to the left slide rail. Unfortunately, you have to remove the kit before sliding the ejector into place. Installing the SRT kit is a pain in the rear the first time you do it. After a few times you should be able to reassemble your P226 with ease. Good luck.

August 10, 2017, 08:27 PM
NoQuota
Yes, exactly, you should be able to hang the ejector on the smaller pin, put a dot of grease on the left side of the ejector first, and it will stay put while you put the sear and safety back in.

Use an uncoiled paper clip, or a punch as a guide for the pins, makes it less fiddly.

I just sent you a YouTube video.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
August 10, 2017, 08:57 PM
BuddyChryst
I say give up and send me the parts. Have a P226 I need of the SRT.

Seriously though, if you need a pic to see how it's supposed to go back together, let me know.

ETA: Ah hell, here's pics anyway:

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy
August 10, 2017, 09:05 PM
Prefontaine
Picture is so large I cannot read the text in the op. But best of luck to whatever is going on. I need some magnifying glasses!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
August 10, 2017, 10:17 PM
zoom6zoom
quote:
Originally posted by PelicanKase:
Darn that was a big pic. I am still getting used to IMGUR with Photobucket no longer allowing linking. Is there anyway I can make that photo show up smaller?

after you click on the picture you want to post, look over at the right where all the links are. At the bottom is a size selector.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.
August 11, 2017, 06:40 AM
fjgiie
quote:
So, I was trying to put an SRT into my P226. I was following this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=scx5Ej_dkQ4 and something extra fell out. On the left are the SRT sear and safety lever, on the right is the stock sear and safety lever and something else. Which is the extra part and where does it go, I think below the sear.

[IM]https://i.imgur.com/0yW6cbD.jpg[/IM]

That large picture shows an outdated SRT safety lever. You can get the new one from the SIG factory. In the image below it is the one on the right.

August 11, 2017, 08:06 AM
comet24
Looks like the ejector.

This might help in how they all go together.

Use a punch to get everything aligned. Then as you insert the pin pull the punch out keeping everything together.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac
August 12, 2017, 01:21 PM
1lowlife
Start at about the 18 minute mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv3ncOXrTlg
August 12, 2017, 02:59 PM
PelicanKase
Got it reassembled, thanks much folks! First time I have worked on it in years.
August 12, 2017, 03:04 PM
PelicanKase
quote:
Originally posted by fjgiie:

That large picture shows an outdated SRT safety lever. You can get the new one from the SIG factory. In the image below it is the one on the right.

So by out dated, any issues wth the one I have? I got that they updated it; is this a safety or reliability issue (the one I have)?
August 12, 2017, 06:12 PM
Scooter123
quote:

Yeah, resize the image to something like 600 x 900 pixels, something that be done with almost any photo editor. BTW, you need to resize the image on your image host and they probably have an app to do exactly this.

I've stopped counting.
August 12, 2017, 07:55 PM
fjgiie
quote:
So by out dated, any issues wth the one I have? I got that they updated it; is this a safety or reliability issue (the one I have)?

If this pistol will only be used at the firing range then no problem. What can happen after putting about 300 roounds on the SRT, is the square bottom of the SRT safety lever hangs up on top of the trigger bar, and you pull a dead trigger. The new design does not have the square bottom so this does not happpen. Also the new SRT safety lever does not get beat up on the long lever. Lever number 9 is the new SRT safety lever at SIG Sauer. Here is a smaller picture -

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjgiie,