SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    won a 'local' auction today for MY holy grail Sig! ;)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

won a 'local' auction today for MY holy grail Sig! ;) Login/Join 
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Congrats.Very nice pistol.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the NOS 228! Which one sold for more, the 226 or 228?

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Congrats on the NOS 228! Which one sold for more, the 226 or 228?

I got into a bidding war with a couple other bidders and my winning bid was $1300 plus buyers premium, which im still happy with just getting one in this condition. the 226 went for only $750. had I been paying a lil more attention and not so happy bout winning the 228,I would've bid up on the 226 as well. a lot, of nice guns went cheap in this auction.

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that is the steal of the year. Cool

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Killer prices. I know the nickel guns are highly coveted (though not so much by me). Congrats on getting your grail filled.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice score! Congrats on the new addition, sucks about that 226 though. That would have been a steal to say the least.

Posts: 553 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice score, it's a good looking gun. Do you plan on shooting it, or just keeping it NIB?

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bayoushooter:
Very nice score! Congrats on the new addition, sucks about that 226 though. That would have been a steal to say the least.

I just went into my auction acct and looked at the total for the 226..WITH buyers premium it only went to $908 otd. that hurts, lol. ive had a nickel 226 back in the late 90s and I much prefer the 228 and there seems to be more 226's out there.

Ive got other 228s, so this one will never see a round down range. sad, I know but if its not been fired in this many years, im not certainly not gonna do it now.

here is the 226 I missed out on.

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Very nice 228! I won an auction for Nickel 220 a few months on GB and its my favorite 220.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!! It is always nice running across one of the rare finds that you have been hunting for.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They really had some beautiful guns at that auction, but man, that buyer's premium was 24% (online, and if paying by CC). Ouch.

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonderful pistol, congratulations!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome win, bolo4tom, congrats!

Christmas came early for you!

Speaking of factory P228 Nickels...

Hey Q and other experts, was this 'KE' one that I saw but didn't bid on from three weeks ago a genuine factory nickel?

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/791480553

There appears to be a "NICKEL" ink stamp on the original box, but it looks a little fishy to me (almost handwritten but the font is accurate). Some of the photos were blurry, too. Above $1300, it came down to two bidders and ultimately sold for $1755.

If you (and others) come to the consensus that it is indeed a factory nickel, you can add B204245 to your P228 factoids list.

MudPhud

Posts: 41 | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
That P226 is just 5 numbers from mine, another KB Ni. Man, got to appreciate folks who bought these guns and just stuck them away for years in the dark, so that now, some of us lucky fans can enjoy these gems.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MudPhud:
Awesome win, bolo4tom, congrats!

Christmas came early for you!

Speaking of factory P228 Nickels...

Hey Q and other experts, was this 'KE' one that I saw but didn't bid on from three weeks ago a genuine factory nickel?

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/791480553

There appears to be a "NICKEL" ink stamp on the original box, but it looks a little fishy to me (almost handwritten but the font is accurate). Some of the photos were blurry, too. Above $1300, it came down to two bidders and ultimately sold for $1755.

If you (and others) come to the consensus that it is indeed a factory nickel, you can add B204245 to your P228 factoids list.

I have good reasons to be suspicious about this one. It will not be counted by me. From personal experience, any Ni P228s from this seller cannot be trusted as factory original, not even with that suspicious "NICKEL" label, unless I have written confirmation from SIG.

Q

posted Hide Post
Thanks, Q,

Really appreciate the expertise and input.

MudPhud

Posts: 41 | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
That P226 is just 5 numbers from mine, another KB Ni. Man, got to appreciate folks who bought these guns and just stuck them away for years in the dark, so that now, some of us lucky fans can enjoy these gems.

apparently, this lot of guns/ammo and mags came from one person. auction people told my buddy that was there, everything belonged to a judge that had passed away and they were liquidating his estate. he had great taste in weaponry and had so so many nice pieces, he seemed to be more of a collector that a shooter.

Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xanth:
They really had some beautiful guns at that auction, but man, that buyer's premium was 24% (online, and if paying by CC). Ouch.

yeah, 19% plus 3% if you use CC...I dont know how much the sellers premium is but the auction company is making a killing. I hated to pay the 19% but had no choice.

posted Hide Post
Congrats

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post