SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    won a 'local' auction today for MY holy grail Sig! ;)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

won a 'local' auction today for MY holy grail Sig! ;) Login/Join 
Picture of bolo4tom
posted
local company across the border in NC had a big firearms auction this morning...had several guns I was watching but two had my utmost attention. NIB, unfired P228 Nickel and a NIB, unfired 226 Nickel... I wanted desperately to replace the 228N I sold years ago and I ended up with a better one! I won the 228!!! the 226 only went for $750. had I not been so excited, I might've picked it up as well! shown is my new Sig Smile

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Very nice

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
SWEET! Doesn't get any better than that. Congrats.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
thanks guys..im elated! rare find in that condition nowadays, atleast in my travels

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Great score!!!!!

congratulations.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Bolo. Great find!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Very nice, congrats. I really like the looks of it.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Based on that serial #, it should be a KD (1993).
So far, I have not seen any KE, KF, or KG full Ni P228. They might exist, but I've never seen them.

So, known full Ni P228s are: KA, KB, KC, KD, KH. 1991 (KB) seems to be the most prolific year for the Ni SIGs.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Based on that serial #, it should be a KD (1993).
So far, I have not seen any KE, KF, or KG full Ni P228. They might exist, but I've never seen them.

So, known full Ni P228s are: KA, KB, KC, KD, KH. 1991 (KB) seems to be the most prolific year for the Ni SIGs.

thanks everyone! 12131 this is my old one, I guess it was a 93 as well? B 151 serial#

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
B151694 would be a KB (1991).

Q

posted Hide Post
congratulations on a nice addition.

Posts: 2211 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
quote:
B151694 would be a KB (1991).

thank you for the info!!

posted Hide Post
That's a beauty!

If you don't mind me asking, did you see it in person, or just online? Was the box marked Nickel?

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice when a plan works out,Congrats

Posts: 101 | Registered: January 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
That's an outstanding catch!! Well done!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xanth:
That's a beauty!

If you don't mind me asking, did you see it in person, or just online? Was the box marked Nickel?

I didn't get to see it in person, my buddy went over for the preview on Friday and said it was absolutely flawless, nickel mags and nickel stamp on the box...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bolo4tom:
quote:
Originally posted by xanth:
That's a beauty!

I didn't get to see it in person, my buddy went over for the preview on Friday and said it was absolutely flawless, nickel mags and nickel stamp on the box...

Awesome, thanks. And congrats!

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
thanks, hoping to have by end of next week

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Tom, with your permission, I would like to add those 2 Ni P228s' serial numbers to my P228 list in the "factoids" thread. Thanks.

Q

Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tom, with your permission, I would like to add those 2 Ni P228s' serial numbers to my P228 list in the "factoids" thread. Thanks.

absolutely, by all means