SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Talk me out of an SD9 VE. (I can't tell if they are quality, or junk)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Talk me out of an SD9 VE. (I can't tell if they are quality, or junk) Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If you want a nice trigger on a $300 gun without doing work on it, get a Canik.

quote:
Originally posted by CPTKILLER:
The trigger will apparently give you a fit.

https://www.smithandwessonforu...ve-trigger-pull.html

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personally, I didn't think the trigger was that bad on the SD9VE. It was much better than the original Sigma. The trigger pull I had on a Sigma I owned was around 10-12 pounds,which was terrible. The latter version,the SD9VE, was an improvement on the original design. If I saw one for $200.00, I would get another but wouldn't pay anymore for it because for another $125-150, you could get an M&P 2.0,which is a fantastic gun.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
My daughter bought one last fall, so far no issues. Had to order some 16 round magazines because it only came with 2-10 round magazines. The trigger is a little heavy, I didn't check it with a gage. She doesn't mind the heavy pull as it is . And it came with a magazine disconnect safety. So far no problems with different ammo.

Posts: 1554 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I was tempted to buy one NIB for $239 last year but I had the opportunity to shoot one at the local range and I'm telling you to run away.

Not a fan at all.......

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I think I'll hold out for something better for a little more $$. Thanks for all the advice.

the M&P does seem better for not that much more.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10922 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a SD9 off one of my partners for around $200, it’s been nothing but reliable at the range.

Not the greatest trigger, but for a $200 truck gun you can’t beat it.

Posts: 139 | Registered: February 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Wise way to go.

quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
I think I'll hold out for something better for a little more $$. Thanks for all the advice.

the M&P does seem better for not that much more.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's quality junk. get the M & P 2.0

Posts: 50 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
The SD9VE is a fantastic gun. I own two, use them as car guns. They are half the price of a comparable Glock and just flat out work.

I would caution that you dont drop Apex trigger kit into these guns. Its a waste of money, and why drop that much on a budget pistol, when you can just buy a better pistol to begin with? You can get an M&P for the same cost, so might as well get the better pistol.

The triggers are perfect for this type of gun... 8.5 pound double action revolver type trigger. THIS is the PERFECT trigger for beginners to learn, for limited-trained folks, and for new shooters.

I will scream from the roof tops how good these guns are, having owned two, and having at least 5000 rounds down range. And this is coming from a guy that has owned hundreds of pistols, to include several very expensive ones. Remember the context; these are not target guns. They are home defense guns, designed for those on a budget to have a safe, reliable pistol for home defense. And they fit that mold perfectly.

Any time someone on a budget ask for a gun recommendation, I easily recommend this pistol. I don't think there is a better pistol in the $260-$270 range. It also has a lifetime warranty and you can easily get service and parts. Try to find parts for a Canik pistol in 25 years - might be impossible.

Early this year you could get a Springfield XD for $279-299, which is a darn steal for a budget truck gun. They put out a low cost "Defender series" package, which only include one magazine. If you can still find any in stock, that's a fantastic deal.

With all that being said, just buy this for $319 and be done with it.
https://grabagun.com/sw-m-p-4-...-b-17r-wo-il-md.html

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post