SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Kimber K6S; if it shoots like it dry fires...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber K6S; if it shoots like it dry fires... Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted
...I will MARRY the thing.

We finally got one in and boy, does this thing have a sweetheart of a trigger. I've already got someone lined up for it; shame, 'cause I really could see myself buying this one...if only I wasn't drowning in future bills for my AR builds. Frown

For a first effort, Kimber seems like they did one hell of a job.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a kimber fan, but a local shop got a K65 revolver not long ago. I looked it over, decided it was worth a try, went home and thought about it, and decided to get it. I went back and it had already sold.

I'll find another.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
I can't get this new offering from Kimber out of my head and your post definitely doesn't help! Smile I have yet to actually see one around these parts. My LGS was only sent 3 of them and they were all spoken for. If they eventually come out with an exposed hammer version with a 3" barrel I will own one no matter what.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
I was looking at them hard before I bought my J-frame but decided to take the more reasonable option and got the 442. They sure do look nice.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that and the new Colt coming out both look good. I hope they do well, my favorite defensive revolver series, S&W Nightguard, was discontinued.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
It's a very nice revolver, the one I handled at the LGS had an annoying habit of not "resetting" on one of the chambers was cycled, resulting in a bind.
Release of the trigger and resumed pull would rotate past.

Checked the star, didn't see anything unusual... maybe i'm more accustomed to the double action cadence of Colt/SW/DW.

Very nicely made and would like to see another example before passing judgement.

Feels real good in the hand.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
How much i$ it selling for?

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being a fan of snub revolvers, it's on my interest list. I like the fact that Grant Cunningham had a hand in helping design the gun. However, given Kimber's somewhat inconsistent quality I think I'll wait until it's been out in the wild a bit longer.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I handled both a polished one and an in polished at Bass Pro, awesome feel. I think they wanted like 869 for the polished and maybe 40 bucks less for the unpolished. From what I gathered online, that's about the average price. I mwy wait for the price to go down outside Bass Pro, but it sure did feel good in the paw!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I just picked one up at a really good price and I am hoping to shoot it tomorrow. The first one I tried had an absolutely amazing trigger but they wouldn't budge on price. The one I picked up has a very good trigger, and was $170 cheaper than first. This is the first Kimber I had a desire to own.

Posts: 2950 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:
It's a very nice revolver, the one I handled at the LGS had an annoying habit of not "resetting" on one of the chambers was cycled, resulting in a bind.

Short stroking a revolver will do that.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the DCR model this afternoon. The trigger was too sweet to pass up.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They had some at GreenTop in Richmond, Virginia, which I was able to examine and dry fire a few times. People can hate Kimber all they want, however in my opinion the K6S revolver is going to sell very well. It has a very nice trigger !!! Also not featherweight but a nice weight for being a .357 magnum. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I Would be interested in a range report on these. I have a Ruger LCRx in 38 special and while it carries well, is painful to shoot. I like the looks and the internal hammer on the Kimber.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will post a range report next week, I'm planning on a range trip Tue or Wed. I really didn't intent to buy it, but it felt great in my hand, like a P226 or Beretta 84. And I had every intention of thinning the safe out....

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warbird1
posted Hide Post
I want one!

If I want it... I need it !

Posts: 44 | Location: Heart of Dixie | Registered: May 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own almost every S&W J-frame revolvers because I'm addicted to them.... saw this K6S at shot show this year and they are VERY nice. Probably going to be my next j-frame purchase because they seem like great guns

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Well understood, however, my point is, one chamber indexed on or before was different than the others.

In my opinion, the star wasn't cut correctly or, at least consistently with the others.

Otherwise, a very nice revolver.

quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:

Short stroking a revolver will do that.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
How much i$ it selling for?

Street price was 8-900 if I recall.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
The first two I shot were great. Here is my post from January of 2016:
quote:
I am going to start with Kimber's new revolver, the K6s

This is a small pocket revolver chambered for 357 Magnum

It weighs in at 23+ ounces just like a model 640, but the Kimber carries one additional round.

The cylinder has an interesting hexagon shape to it.

The rear sight is dovetailed and the front is pinned so they can be easily changed. The cylinder release is very Rugeresque

One very interesting feature is that the cylinder is recessed for the case heads Smile While not important to operation, us older Smith and Wesson guys like that

OK, you are asking "How does it shoot"

Pretty much like any 640. Physics is Physics,23 ounces and 357 Magnum is not going to be "FUN" no matter what you do.

This was not built to be Fun, it was built to save your butt

These are not yet in production. The first 1,000 will be polished bright stainless while the production version will look much like the one in these photos.

Price you say? MSRP will be around $850 just like many other firearms in it's class

This year, at the SHOT Show I fired a third K6s and it was just as good as the pre-productions samples I had handled before. Here I what I posted this January:
quote:
Prior to the SHOT Show there were rumors that Kimber was releasing some NEW revolvers

Well this is sort of true and sort of not

All the new releases are variations on the K6

The first one is a three dot sight system with a red Fiber Optic front sight

The second one is pretty much the original model with a matte finish and rubber grips. The rear sight has been redesigned and soon a Tritium sight version will be offered

The third one is equipped with Crimson Trace laser grips and also sports the new taller sights

Sorry for the blue cast on the pictures, we were under a blue canopy tent. I will shoot some more inside the Sands Expo Center

While I shot the K6 last year, those were pre production revovlers. I am pleased to say that the actions on these production guns is just as good.

I did express a concern that the MSRP of these revolvers was a bit on the high side, unfortunately the range staff are the wrong people to be talking to about this issue

All three of the pieces that I have fired are quite accurate. I had no trouble dinging the gongs out at the 25 year line with the little revolvers.

Yes, I too love the Smith and Wesson J-frames, especially the Centennial model that this Kimber closely resembles. I own more than my fair share

One day I will add a Kimber to the family. Probably when the Tritium sight version becomes availble

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post