SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Ultimate CCW configuration
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Ultimate CCW configuration Login/Join 
posted
How about this.....

P320 compact

Bruce gray Trigger

X carry upper, standard lower

In OD green (Cause I like green)

Milt Sparks VM2 with Sharkskin...

Thoughts.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2505 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like just a Plain Jane Carry in an MTAC myself.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what the "ultimate" P320 CCW configuration would be. I say that in all honesty because I think we are about to see another evolution of the P320 in the aftermarket world. I think that will honestly drive what is "ultimate". But, to me it would be a base of a compact, and likely Trijicon HD XR sights. The X carry would probably be ok too.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Mine would be a 320 that looks and functions exactly like a G19 Big Grin

In all honesty for me concealability is key. Mine would be a compact slide on a subcaompact frame, cut for an RMR with an RMR RM06 and Trijicon or Ameriglo suppressor height night Sights.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P320 XCarry

Compact Grip, small

Talon Grip wrap, rubber

Posts: 221 | Location: USA | Registered: May 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
lightening cuts in a carry gun is an invitation for stuff I don’t want inside my action.

As such, the any X five upper would be disqualified for me.

For me, a subcompact frame with a compact slide with X-ray sights would be my choice in the 320 platform.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
lightening cuts in a carry gun is an invitation for stuff I don’t want inside my action.

As such, the any X five upper would be disqualified for me.

For me, a subcompact frame with a compact slide with X-ray sights would be my choice in the 320 platform.

So I have seen this multiple times. I have carried a PC shield in a VM2 for about 2 years. I have never found anything foreign in the cuts.

Has anyone ever had that be an issue?

I will say the cuts seemed to cut down on the weight, I say seemed because how much could it really be?

I made this thread because at a course I asked someone to let me shoot their X-Carry upper on my lower and really liked it.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2505 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also agree that a SC grip on a compact slide works pretty well. If the slide was narrower, that would be even better.

A P365 with a 3.6" barrel and a slightly longer grip with that held a 13 or 14 round magazine would be excellent. The narrow P365 engineering would make it easy to conceal.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I would love a compact gun without rail. My preferred carry is AIWB, a lot of that with a trigger guard rig only. The P320 rail is a groin biter. Big Grin

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
I would love a compact gun without rail. My preferred carry is AIWB, a lot of that with a trigger guard rig only. The P320 rail is a groin biter. Big Grin

Well, nobody wants a groin biter! Damn

My perfect P320 is one the exact same dimensions as a G19, with the same function as a G19, that looks like a G19 and shoots like a G19 and takes G19 mags...

The P320 is a nice pistol but slightly too big for carry and all of the new models that aren't really interchangeable because they need different base plates, etc. It's a solid A-, it's just that my Glocks are an A+

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howdy!

I have a P320 SC without a rail and really like it. I also have a 17 round magizine with a sleeve I use quite often as a CC. I have a P365 on order.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

Posts: 22 | Registered: November 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cremaley
posted Hide Post
I have a P320 X-Carry and its everything I could ask for in a carry gun. Trigger breaks just under 5 pounds, 17 round magazines, X-Ray3 night sights and doesn't feel like a brick in my hand like all of my previous Glock's did. And yes I also have a P365 on order.

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Posts: 152 | Location: Alpharetta, Georgia. | Registered: June 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
My CCW P320 is a subcompact slide on a trimmed down compact grip carried IWB. For me, the SC grip was too short.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
10mm version? Just sayin...

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post