SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Will there be a P225A1 legion?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will there be a P225A1 legion? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Think this will happen?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Will there be a P225A1 legion?
Think this will happen?

And, jack up the already high price of the base gun? Don't think so.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I think they would do the P227 before considering the same for the P225-A1.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I can't understand the high price tag on the new 225. The Sig rep had no real explanation either. We marked ours down a bit and still no takers.

But the tire kickers love the way the gun feels in the hand and it has the best trigger of any Sig in the case.

If we get a lightly used one back in the shop, I am buying one. Until then, I will pass on the overpriced gun. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be in the market for a P225A1 Legion myself. I bought a regular P225A1 for a very good deal. I like the regular black nitron finish better than the grayish Legion finish. It already has the same or similar G10 grips as the Legion. It already has night sights and SRT. I sent it off to Robert Burke for action/trigger work (carry job), and the trigger is better than the P226 Legion I had, at least in my opinion.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put me in the category of big fan. I love my 226's but I have medium hands and the 225A1 fits much better. That is why I chose the 320 over the 226 in that other thread. To shoot a gun well it has to fit you well. Big double stacks aren't as ergonomic for me.

As to price, that is an interesting one. Their MSRP is stupid crazy high. Everyone knows it. It will kill the gun. However I bought one brand new for 730 shipped and one like new with 4 mags for 650 so I was ok with that. Would I buy one at full tilt? As much as I love this gun, no.

What would a Legion add? To me the only positive would be the XRay sights. I prefer HD's though and put those on my first one. So no Legion for me.

In all honesty, it is practically a Legion now minus the sights.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on the 225A1- fits my hand better than a 228 and easier to conceal. I would be interested in an all stainless 225-A1 over a Legion.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hillbilly Dan
posted Hide Post
I love my P225A1. It has all one would want and It as close to being a Legion. It has the proper grips, SRT, Night Sights and the trigger is all I could want. I enjoy the trigger, but especially the SRT. Accuracy on the gun is as good as you could want. The last reason I bought it is that it is a great compact type of carry gun. Easy to wear all day every day.
Daniel Leatherwood
Life Member NRA

Posts: 317 | Location: Murray, KY | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
I wouldn't be in the market for a P225A1 Legion myself. I bought a regular P225A1 for a very good deal. I like the regular black nitron finish better than the grayish Legion finish. It already has the same or similar G10 grips as the Legion. It already has night sights and SRT. I sent it off to Robert Burke for action/trigger work (carry job), and the trigger is better than the P226 Legion I had, at least in my opinion.

Just picked up a P225A1 and I think I will will follow your lead and send it off to Mr. Burke too.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hillbilly Dan
posted Hide Post
I have had a 225A1 for a year now. It shoots as good as I need a pistol to shoot. It has all the features that a Legion usually has. Great trigger and fantastic reset. Shoots accurate. Is easy to carry and I do so daily.
I see no reason to make a Legion in this model. It is almost a Legion as it sits. You would just be paying for a name and that is all.
Hillbilly Dan
Life Member NRA

Posts: 317 | Location: Murray, KY | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still waiting on the 225ST.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:

With 10 round mags and I'll buy 2.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The premium price point of the P225-A1 already places it in the realm of the Legion series. I personally think that at its current price, it should come standard with X-ray NS’. From a development perspective, they gave it the P239 frame, could sig have not kept the P239 mags as well?
I think Sig’next addition to the LS will be the 227. This Survey comes at an interesting time. I was considering asking how many forum members had adopted an A1 as I recently got to spend some time with one and was actually impressed with it overall. Fit, finish, balance and ergos are superb and the trigger mechanics were envious...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
They probably didn’t expect to sell a lot so they priced it high Big Grin

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remind me again, why do we want a Legion?

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I'm still wondering where my Legion P320 is...

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me the next must have sig would be a P225 Stainless. Great fit for me over a 228/229

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:

In 357Sig

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220CDAK:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:

In 357Sig

Yea! I love my 225a1, except for the recessed magazine plate. There should be room there for at least two more rounds. And, that shouldn’t be hard to do.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hillbilly Dan:
I have had a 225A1 for a year now. It shoots as good as I need a pistol to shoot. It has all the features that a Legion usually has. Great trigger and fantastic reset. Shoots accurate. Is easy to carry and I do so daily.
I see no reason to make a Legion in this model. It is almost a Legion as it sits. You would just be paying for a name and that is all.
Hillbilly Dan
Life Member NRA

Exactly, this ^^^. Great gun and a joy to own.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post