SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 E2 grip removal and back to standard
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 E2 grip removal and back to standard Login/Join 
posted
Can anyone tell me what I need to remove a E2 grip from a P220 and convert it back to the standard slab grip panels?

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Youtube!!!!!!!
Stiff card board or credit card to slide between the grips and frame essentially. Sig has a tool (don't really need but makes it a bit easier) that you can rotate and leverage/pry the grips open enough to slide a card in there to slip them off.

Good luck!

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once the E2 grip is off can I again use the standard grip panels or does the anything have to be changed?

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
all you need is grips and screws

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
The only thing to be careful of is the hammer return spring on the right side. You can catch it with the grip and bend it while pulling the grip off. At least you can if you are a ham fisted ape like me. I liked the E2 on the 226. Then I tried the G10. I like it more.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post