SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any issues with NAA sidewinder or ranger II?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any issues with NAA sidewinder or ranger II? Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
I have an original NAA 22mag but would like a newer version that is easier to reload. I see they are pushing the top break ranger II. Is the sidewinder still in production? Were there issues with it? It seems to be less expensive on gun broker. What is your experience with either of these. Thanks.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the NAA Mini Revolver Forum. Lots of early adopter/beta tester reports on the Ranger II. Much like the P365 coverage here. What I’ve read there from the membership has eliminated any interest I had in buying a Ranger II.

The Sidewinder is less trouble-prone. The sight on mine was basically useless.

My personal opinion based on owning several models of NAA mini revolvers is that the Black Widow is the best combination of useable sights, adequate barrel length, accuracy and concealability. I carry mine regularly in a pocket holster (Desert Gunleather makes a nice one) and have used it to kill several rattlesnakes around the house and barn.

To me, none of NAA’s tiny revolvers are fast enough to reload to make any meaningful real-world difference. And the solid frame models are considerably more robust. The only advantage to the Sidewinder is that you aren’t trying to manage 3 separate parts when reloading. I just stick the Black Widow and cylinder pin in my back pocket while I load the cylinder.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Bought a Sidewinder when they first came out. Mostly so I wouldn't be tempted to shoot the Ranger. Haven't had any issues so far, but as arfmel said, the Black Widow would be the best all around pocket gun.

I'd also have to add that it seems that the NAAs that are the most fun is the .17 Maxi Mag, but for whatever reason they don't make them anymore. Confused

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I have a newer Ranger II made earlier this year. It's been great. No issues at all so far but it has less than 200 rounds through it.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post