Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hudson H9 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 3/4Flap:

I think it's dangerous if the controls are different.

I'm with you 100%. I "wear" my pistol at my day job. I am NOT going to WEAR a 226, I mean, unless I have a P90 and M2 Carbine w/ bayonet in "my EDC rotation"![/QUOTE.]

Yeah in the heat of the moment fumbling around with the controls of your gun could be lethal/deadly.

I know lots of guys buy xyz firearm and carry them whether their big or small. Carrying around a big heavy steel gun in today's age doesn't really make sense IMO, especially with all the lightweight polymers in the market. It's nice we have such a large pool to pick from though!

This Hudson9 would strictly be a range toy for me, like 99% of all my other firearm purchases. Wink

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been watching vids of this for few weeks now. I am excited to say the least. Msrp 1149, not much different than a tac ops 226.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Hudson supposedly shipping pistols to distributors starting on June 27. Hope to give one a try, although I'll probably wait 6 months to a year for any bugs to get worked out.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:
quote:
357 magnums in my Chiapa are painful because the recoil goes straight into my palm/wrist.

I always thought that the weakest design element of the Rhino was the way the grip was designed. I also noticed that shooting a Rhino with the wood grips was somewhat more uncomfortable than shooting a Rhino with rubber grips.

But the bore axis on the H9 appears to be just above the plane of the wrist, (unlike the Rhino where it sat just below the plane of the wrist) still allowing some torque/muzzle flip to help with overall energy dissipation/recoil control.

Time will tell of course. I would love to shoot an H9 all the same. Big Grin

The H&K P7 9mm with it's low bore axis never presented a problem for me.

Posts: 36 | Registered: January 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Hudson supposedly shipping pistols to distributors starting on June 27. Hope to give one a try, although I'll probably wait 6 months to a year for any bugs to get worked out.

Not surprising, the projected ship date has slipped to July 14.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been interested in these but have bought two handguns while waiting so it will be longer before I take the dive on one though I had planned on one right away back in April.

Now having spent what I would have on one I will wait to see what the buyers/owners say about them once that happens.

Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
being in to august now, has anyone seen one in the wild?

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Crickets...

There have been a handful of dealers that have listed them on their websites, but I've occasionally searched for them and every time they've been 'out of stock' or 'unavailable'.

I ventured out to their FB page; they posted a pic on 7/17 showing a bunch of slides on a rack. Must mean something; I'm just not sure exactly what.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last I heard the ship date slipped to July 26th and I heard elsewhere that it would actually be the 24th.

Was wondering yesterday if anything has come of it yet.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to worry about this controls being different thing. I have some of the mostly deadly devices on the planet and in a couple of them the peddle on the left is the brake and in the one it isn't! Eek

Wink

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluesjuke:
Last I heard the ship date slipped to July 26th and I heard elsewhere that it would actually be the 24th.

Was wondering yesterday if anything has come of it yet.

Hudson's FB page mentions the H9's shipment date had slipped to July 14th and on that day the company posted a gay video of a champagne bottle opening. I'm annoyed I have to go to a FB site to begin with, let alone to read about a non-event; not one of their distributors appears to have rec'vd the pistols.
If you watch many of the vids on YouTube of various shooting experiences, 2 to 3 show failures to go into battery. I wonder if the short recoil spring / new cam system has some issues. I'm now less & less interested in this so-called "innovative" firearm.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dakor,

posted Hide Post
I also recall that in at least one demo video with no failures +P ammo was being used.

Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
It seems they had a disagreement with a supplier, and have recently started shipping.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read the of the issue they had with the supplier but have seen nothing of it actually shipping yet.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I visited the guys at Rainier Arms a couple of days ago; they're scheduled to be a dealer for Hudson. Hudson brought several examples to RA's TriggrCon shindig at the end of July. I was hoping that they allowed RA to keep a sample to show to customers, but alas it wasn't to be. The last they heard the shipping schedule has slipped to sometime "later this year".

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On their FB page some said that they had heard September.
The good news is that Sig is shipping.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It makes a Hi-Point look beautiful.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I actually think it's a good looking pistol, but in an early semi automatic design sort of way. I really want it to succeed because in a sea of me too striker fired, tactical Tupperware it's a bit of island in the storm.

Of course Glock will be releasing their much anticipated and brand new......Glock 17 soon. But wait they have this super cool really next gen innovative smaller Glock 17 to go with it.....called the Glock 19. Smile. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the look too. When I first saw it my eyes first reaction was, "What the heck is that!?!". Within a little over 5 seconds I thought, "Hey, I kind of like that!".

I like the low bore axis and especially like it being a steel framed handgun.
I am OK with it's size and it's weight having several 226s already.

Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
It's out in the wild!

There is one on gunbroker.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/710284355

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post