New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hudson H9 Login/Join 
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear the quality control issues.

You should see if they'd be willing to just send you a new mag catch.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/p1UNKgieTXQ

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I'm of the same opinion as Hickok. It doesn't fit any need or want I have in a pistol. And for double the cost of a Glock or M&P I don't see myself ever purchasing one.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
I'm of the same opinion as Hickok. It doesn't fit any need or want I have in a pistol. And for double the cost of a Glock or M&P I don't see myself ever purchasing one.
I know what you mean. I came very close to getting a Boberg, back when. I took myself off the list, and I'm glad I did.

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
adding more data to the thread

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZTwdK0tU0M

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh7IN-AZaxA

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
So a tiny local gun shop got one in on Monday, I went and checked it out yesterday.

I didn't get to fire it, they don't have a range, and it wasn't a rental.

Here are my impressions.

It looks and feels like a very high quality piece of mechanical art work. Fit and finish were excellent.

The grip is surprisingly narrow, doesn't feel much, if any thicker than a traditional 1911.

The edges of the grip felt a little squared off though, making it slightly less ergonomic than a 1911, but the grip angle is spot on, points naturally, sights are perfectly aligned when you bring it up to eye level.

The gun felt heavier than expected, more than a P226, about the same as a 1911.

The trigger had me slightly disappointed, I was expecting greatness. The trigger safety is what I had a problem with, it felt very loose yet it was gritty.

Once the safety was depressed though, it was as good as any production 1911, no pre travel or overtravel, and a super short tactile reset. Really could be the best striker trigger on the market, if it wasn't for the safety.

Slide stop/release is perfectly placed, as is the mag release.

I've read reports of the magazines hanging up on the mag release and or the trigger bow, but this particular iteration didn't seem to suffer from either.

Overall it felt great, although slightly heavy, being that it is built on a modular chassis, they should make a forged aluminum frame, to shed a few ounces.

I didn't buy it, even though the dealer was selling it at list price, it's still on my radar for the future, but I think some bugs need to be worked out.

LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
I handled one this afternoon. It actually felt pretty good in the hand. The trigger was certainly something that would take me some time to get used to with the pivoting face. I suspect it would be a lot better after it's been lubed up and cycled a few times. I was surprised the overall slide/frame/barrel fit wasn't as tight as I had expected.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I waited.

https://youtu.be/iQzYCUnz8e8

We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
At shot they announced an A version. Alloy frame, 8 oz. lighter.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
Brought a Hudson H9 yesterday, at the store. I checked the magazines first, to insure that they would lock in, and drop free without a problem.
The pistol is not in my hands yet, as it's getting a customer Kydex holster molded, by Whiskey River Tactical, but I should have it by Monday.

This will be used as an IDPA pistol, to start with, to see how how she runs.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Got to handle the gun at the LGS this AM. Felt good in the hand. Until you get to the trigger. My impression was, WTF? I haven't really read anything about this gun, except that it looks funny, based on the pics. So, I don't know why they designed a trigger that hinges on the bottom. Personally, I don't care if they say that's the necessity of the design, because that's just a huge mistake. Totally foreign and unnatural to the trigger finger. The grittiness of the trigger, while disappointing, is the least of its problems, imo. I predict this gun will fade into obscurity in a couple of years. Why do some people think they can re-invent the wheel?

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I got to handle one at my LGS. The bottom hinge trigger was wired at first, it made you think trigger would rotate the same way except it was a straight pull like a 1911. While a bit offputting at first, it felt good from feast. This one was really smooth, no grit.

Might be interested if the QC and service works out.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Got to handle the gun at the LGS this AM. Felt good in the hand. Until you get to the trigger. My impression was, WTF? I haven't really read anything about this gun, except that it looks funny, based on the pics. So, I don't know why they designed a trigger that hinges on the bottom. Personally, I don't care if they say that's the necessity of the design, because that's just a huge mistake. Totally foreign and unnatural to the trigger finger. The grittiness of the trigger, while disappointing, is the least of its problems, imo. I predict this gun will fade into obscurity in a couple of years. Why do some people think they can re-invent the wheel?

+1... this gun doesn’t offer any advantage, too expensive and is a solution looking for a problem. The Hype9 will fade away.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shoot one a couple of times and it will grow on you. A little different feel than my other pistols but shoots well and feels good in the hands

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
LIFE IS SHORT - Just buy the gun...
Life Member - Texas State Rifle Association
Benefactor Life Member - NRA

Posts: 185 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: April 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post