SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So about that TLR-1 HL 800 Lumen.....Damn It's Bright
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So about that TLR-1 HL 800 Lumen.....Damn It's Bright Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
So I have ordered a new rifle which means I want to hang a light and sight off of it. I have an Aimpoint ready to go and will be using a Surefire Scout light off another rifle.......which means of course said other rifle needs a light......don't judge me it's cheaper than xanax and psychiatric care. Smile

Anyway ordered said 800 lumen TLR-1. I have used TLRs since day one along with my Surefires. I have been COMPLETELY happy with both and probably prefer the TLR operating system.

My TLRs are all fairly early to mid timeframe non HL models and they work great. Think my first gens are like 80 lumens, and my others may be 120? Surefires are all newer 300-500 range.

HOLY retina searing wizardry Batman, This new TLR-1 HL is a BEAST!! Definitely long gun out door or search the warehouse light. Ceiling or floor bounce gives PLENTY of light to identify and a quick flash and move would absolutely disorient you.

Remember when 60 incandescent lumens was THE tactical retina searing output. I have an incandescent Surefire 870 forend and it is perfectly serviceable on it's own. Compared to my LED stuff it is a damn near sickly glow. Smile

Just a quick observation for everybody.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two; one for the 1913 rail models, one for the Glocks. Sort of like the thought of lighting up to make a threat think they're having a Damascus Road experience.....if I ever had to light up for real.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
This thing is awesome!

First day I got it in, we used it. It lit up the side of the building and it was almost like sunshine!

None of our handhelds or rifle lights were as bright. Definitely made tracking with the dog easier.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Streamlight has really stepped up their game the past year and a half.

Jet.com have those for 93.00 shipped at one point, kicking myself for not getting more i have three.

The ProTac Rail and handheld both at 1,000 lumens, and can be picked up for about 160 combined is crazy.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
I have two of the older 620 lumen models. Those are bright enough.. I can't imagine how bright the new model is.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are super bright, I like them. I have gone through the evolution of the TLR1-s to the 630 lumen model and now to the 800 lumen model, and it is good. I am not going to replace the older ones, as they still work well, but any new purchases will be the 800 lumen model.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qxsoup:
I have two of the older 620 lumen models. Those are bright enough.. I can't imagine how bright the new model is.

Well, indoors, you might not notice it being brighter, necessarily. I have both and the 800 lumen version has a better beam. The hotspot is wider, and round instead of diamond shape, and there seems to be more/better spill. Haven't compared them yet outdoors, the old one lights up the whole alleyway though. It seemed quite fitting to put the 800 lumen version on a rifle.

quote:
Originally posted by Super Shooter:
I am not going to replace the older ones, as they still work well, but any new purchases will be the 800 lumen model.

Ditto this.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post