SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 938 SAS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 938 SAS Login/Join 
posted
I purchased this gun a few months ago and have had some issues with it at the range. First issue was reassembly trying to get the spring and guide rod to re seed but after some YouTube research solved that with the tricks suggested.

Secondly the mags were dis engaging while firing so a sig authorized gunsmith replaced the mag release assembly and spring and that seemed to help.

Third I am having some FTE issues which suggest extractor problems. You tube posts referenced this issue too and those who sent it off to sig said they replaced the extractor with an "enhanced extractor " what is an enhanced extractor ? I thought they all were about the same.

Gun production was early 2017 and I thought that most of the past problems were solved now. Anyone have thoughts on any of this please? Thanks.

NRA Benefactor Life

Posts: 155 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 2016 vintage P938 and have experienced no problems. While at the range I have observed others experiencing problems with the P938. After exchanging weapons it became clear the mag release issue resulted from a grip issue.
Don't claim to be an expert but I have observed an issue of placement of the thumb of the off hand causing problems.

NRA Benefactor

Posts: 106 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: July 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have to amend previous post, P938 was made 2015, bought a Glock 43 made 2016.

NRA Benefactor

Posts: 106 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: July 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Mrsig27, I suggest you call Sig Customer service next week. They will pay to ship it both directions if they want it back. They may tell you to shoot it more to see if it continues to have issues.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have put about 500 rounds thru it so far and it appears to work better with 124 gr or higher ammow and functions better with a 6 round mag as opposed to an extended 7 rounder.

NRA Benefactor Life

Posts: 155 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrsig27:
I have put about 500 rounds thru it so far and it appears to work better with 124 gr or higher ammo and functions better with a 6 round mag as opposed to an extended 7 rounder.

NRA Benefactor Life