SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 Legion 10mm... What is your experience?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Legion 10mm... What is your experience? Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
I really like the P220 Legion 10mm, but am concerned 10mm battering might have a more adverse effect on the alloy frame, especially the rails.

What is your experience?

***It's been established the frame is steel, not alloy and that SIG is rather lazy with their specs on the WEB site leading to some potential misunderstandings ****

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGWolf,

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
The Legion P220 10mm is a steel frame.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gtmtnbiker98:

Well, steel is an alloy too. Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, that makes more sense. On the site they do not distinguish 45ACP from 10MM, and the 45ACP is alloy frame. That didn't make sense to me for 10mm.

The ones for sale on Gunbroker say the frame is alloy for the 10mm ones being sold. I've seen that a few times.

So, everywhere I have seen information on them it says alloy. Where are you getting that information?

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

Well, steel is an alloy too. Wink

Ok, Aluminum Alloy frame........ Wink

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Lipsey's Firearms is selling them and their specs confirm what gtmtnbiker98 said, steel frame.

P220 Legion 10mm

SI220R510LEGION PRODUCT DETAILS
FAMILY:P220 Series
MODEL:P220 Legion
TYPE:Semi-Auto Pistol
ACTIONBig Grinouble / Single Action
FINISH:Legion Gray Cerakote
STOCK/FRAME:Steel Frame
STOCK/GRIPS:Black G-10 Grips w/Medallion WEIGHT:44 oz.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Somebody at the SIG website got lazy - they obviously tacked the 10mm on to the 220 Legion section. It's weird that they don't identify the 10mm frame as steel.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Somebody at the SIG website got lazy - they obviously tacked the 10mm on to the 220 Legion section. It's weird that they don't identify the 10mm frame as steel.

Yeah, the specs are for the 45ACP, then there is a note, also available in 10mm, with no indication there is any difference other than caliber.

posted Hide Post
Mine is a stainless steel frame. I think they all are.

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Howdy!
We’ve had requests to build up 10’s on alloy frames in the past, but I believe this would be unwise and pretty much pointless. I will say the factory P220-10mm family has exceeded my already-high expectations for durability. The engineers did an excellent job getting all the details of lockup, mass and springing right on the money.

Who knew this would take off as it has? SIG sells more 10mm P220’s than .45’s now.

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
SIG sells more 10mm P220’s than .45’s now.

Hah! For once those of us in the peanut gallery didn't steer SIG wrong!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
So, now that we have established that the 10mm P220 is all steel, how about correct the thread title, sigfreund's correction notwithstanding. Wink

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
So, now that we have established that the 10mm P220 is all steel, how about correct the thread title, sigfreund's correction notwithstanding. Wink

Done

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
Howdy!
We’ve had requests to build up 10’s on alloy frames in the past, but I believe this would be unwise and pretty much pointless. I will say the factory P220-10mm family has exceeded my already-high expectations for durability. The engineers did an excellent job getting all the details of lockup, mass and springing right on the money.

Who knew this would take off as it has? SIG sells more 10mm P220’s than .45’s now.

This is why I was concerned initially when it seemed like it was an alloy frame from the incorrect specs I had seen. I couldn't believe they would built it with an alloy frame. Never having handled one, I was going by the online specs and adverts.

More 10mm than .45 for the P220?? Now that is really something!

I thought I saw a 4.5" P220 Legion in 10mm on the WEB site at one point, but perhaps I was mistaken.

Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have a P220 Legion SAO in 45 which in handling I can't distinguish from my P226 Legion. I also have the stainless elite P220 10 mm that I bought before the Legion version came out. It is a beast, and shooting it I can't imagine putting it on a light alloy frame. I understand that the Legion version is basically the same gun as this one with some tuning and colors, and about 1/2 inch less barrel.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
I have a P220 Legion SAO in 45 which in handling I can't distinguish from my P226 Legion. I also have the stainless elite P220 10 mm that I bought before the Legion version came out. It is a beast, and shooting it I can't imagine putting it on a light alloy frame. I understand that the Legion version is basically the same gun as this one with some tuning and colors, and about 1/2 inch less barrel.

The Legion I have on layaway at the LGS is a 5" version, SA/DA, so it's the same length as the other 10mm offerings.

I did see, or thought I saw, a P220 Legion 10mm on SIG's site that was a standard 4.5", but I don't see that option on the site at this point. Perhaps I was hallucinating.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I had once heard of the 4.5" 10mm also. Never saw one. Frown

I'd also heard of the DA/SA 10mm with adjustable sights. I bought one. Big Grin

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PennSig
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a P220 Legion in 10mm DA/SA. The weight, the grip, and that trigger feel amazing. I wanted a different platform for the 10mm other than my G20 which is proven.

George Washington did what was right. Now it is our time to do the same. Restore the Republic!

Posts: 806 | Registered: October 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:

How is that Elite when shooting full power 10mm loads ? Controllable ?

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
How is that Elite when shooting full power 10mm loads ? Controllable ?

I don't have the Legion model, rather the Nitron Elite equivalent. I handles full power Underwood ammo superbly. It is easily the most accurate pistol I've ever owned, with full power or lesser powered handloads.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post