SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320 win at NRA Action Pistol Wotld Shoot
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320 win at NRA Action Pistol Wotld Shoot Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
Just saw on IG that Patrick Franks Jr of the US Army Marksmanship Unit won Priduction Division with a 320 X5. Very Good shooting and a testament to the 320 X5 in the accuracy department.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jljones,

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Bianchi Cup doesn't begin until tomorrow. However, the World Shoot was held at the Green Valley range this past weekend, just before the Cup.

Posts: 79 | Location: Wooster, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I should add a correction. I forgot that there was a multi-gun aggregate and a team match being shot today before the beginning of regular competition tomorrow for the Cup. According, I suppose he could have shot in Production earlier today, and will follow with Metallic or Open gun in the main match.

Posts: 79 | Location: Wooster, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Corrected title. Saw the location on the IG post and assumed it was Bianchi. Not used to having the world and Bianchi so close together in location and date.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is more of a news item when the AMU does not win. They are quite superhuman. I think they might even be cyborgs.

Posts: 1788 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stlhead:
It is more of a news item when the AMU does not win. They are quite superhuman. I think they might even be cyborgs.

Are you Sarah Connor?

www.opspectraining.com

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I watched both John Browning and Jacob Hetherington of the AMU dominate their respective divisions at the Mississippi Classic this past weekend. Browning won High Overall beating a good number of Open Grand Masters while shooting Limited.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw this on Bruce's FB feed last night. I have not met Patrick yet but he is also a fellow Red Hill Tactical team member.

Very nice accomplishment and a testament to the validity of the P320 X5 as a competition gun.

Love shooting USPSA and Steel Challenge with mine.

Anyone know where they post the scores for these matches? I can never seem to find them until way after the matches are over. I usually end up getting updates from buddies that are there shooting.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Not taking away from the P320, but at that level how much is gun vs shooter? I imagine any of those shooters could use a Raven .25 and outshoot most mortals. I know the gun plays a role, but I bet they could do almost as well with any pistol they showed up with

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure I could shoot that course with that pistol and lose quite handily, so I don't think it's the gun.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Not taking away from the P320, but at that level how much is gun vs shooter?

A big part of it is the Indian but if the arrow is bent your not going to do well.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
It’s the Indian and the arrow.

Try reading some of the posts about long distance shooting in Mason’s Rifle Room section. I could have their rifles and not shoot nearly as well as they can, but without those rifles they wouldn’t be winning the matches they do. If it was only the “Indian,” there would be no market for the top tier guns that top tier competitive shooters use; they’d save themselves a lot of money by picking up whatever they could find in the closest pawn shop.

How important gun quality is to be competitive obviously differs among different shooting disciplines. Gun and ammunition quality are far more important in 1000 yard F-class shooting than knocking over 10 inch plates at 15 yards.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Interesting thoughts, fellas. But, if you’ll look at the past history of 10 years in action pistol, several manufacturers never appear in the top 10.

There is a mechanical reason why, not a physical reason.

At the level of accuracy demanded in action pistol, lots of Indians have been sent packing because the guns just won’t do the prescribed task.

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Interesting thoughts, fellas. But, if you’ll look at the past history of 10 years in action pistol, several manufacturers never appear in the top 10.

Which are the ones that usually finish at the top? And is there a video to this type of competition? Is it similar to uspsa? I am trying to visualize what is being discussed but as as uspsa shooter that's pretty much all I know. Thanks!
At the level of accuracy demanded in action pistol, lots of Indians have been sent packing because the guns just won’t do the prescribed task.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Can't agree with this more. This is what I was trying to say with the Indian/bent arrow analogy. Just not in so many words.