SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looking Build Date Info on 1994 P225
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking Build Date Info on 1994 P225 Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The OP is trying to determine pre-ban/post-ban.

Ain't happenin', man. The data you seek simply does not exist.

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The OP is trying to determine pre-ban/post-ban.

Ain't happenin', man. The data you seek simply does not exist.

OP should know that dancing around such isn't necessary.

If he's a MA resident, he should have just come out with it, so I could tell him that:

The P225 is on the "Approved Weapons Roster" and does not need to be pre-ban, also, it's got 8rnd mags so it's probably even Class B.

Unnecessary drama muchly.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
It´s not possible to track down manufacturing dates by day, week or month because manufacturing dates and proof are not the same.

OTD What is you opinion of the relationship between manufacturing date/month, test firing date and proof year. I understand there are known delays in proof testing at times. Does test firing occur shortly after manufacturing, shortly before proofing or after. Your thoughts?

Or any others ideas.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Udo,

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crash
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing the OP is a CT resident and wants to confirm his P225 is preban so he can hang a threaded barrel and supressor on it.

"If the wind is not against you, it is not blowing."

Posts: 1281 | Location: Down East | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crash:
I'm guessing the OP is a CT resident and wants to confirm his P225 is preban so he can hang a threaded barrel and supressor on it.

Well, we shouldn't have to guess, and not just stating why he'd like to know is silly.

I'm glad I moved out of CT when I did, considering their gun laws now suck considerably more than even MA.

IF he's in CT, there is a chance the pistol he's interested in is already "registered" through their new nonsense.

B.J., just tell people what you're up to.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post