SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 Mec Gar Magazines: 18 vs 20 Rd. Which do you prefer, and why?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Mec Gar Magazines: 18 vs 20 Rd. Which do you prefer, and why? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I use the 18 rounders for the flush fit.

Posts: 5 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
What’s a good price for them? Where?

Greg Cote always has a good selection and great prices

+1 for greg cote. also Top Gun Supply

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
there are two more in the 20!

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2257 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the 18s but do use the 20s in USPSA. They have taken mud and dirt baths and clean up easily.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My EDC is a P226 Tacops Threaded barrel. I prefer the 20 rounders.

Posts: 92 | Registered: February 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
I've never had a problem with any of my MecGar P226 magazines. The 18 rounders are better for carry due to the flush fit, but I like the 20 rounders better on the range.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
I like the 18 round magazines for my P226

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9186 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I have the discontinued (and now back in production?) 17 rd MecGar mags, as well as several of the 18 rd MecGars.

The 17 rd magazine is exactly the same length as factory 15 rd magazines and has the same dimensions. You can even use factory Sig metal or rubber base-plates on them.

The 18 rd magazines are longer, have a plastic floor plate, and are not compatible with factory Sig base-plates as far as I know.

Me personally, I LOVE the 17 round MecGars and was sad to see them discontinued. I much prefer them over the 18 round mags. Since they seem to be back in production (???) I will probably stock up on them. And the fact that they even include the $10-$15 rubber base plates, what an amazing deal. That's like getting a new mag for $8, when you include the cost of the rubber base plates if you were to buy them separate later and add them on.

The 20 rd mags I dont care for, as they are harder to take apart, and seem to be flimsy and more likely to break than the 15, 17, or 18 rd mags.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have any comparison pics of the 17 and 18 rounders?

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elberettas:
Does anyone have any comparison pics of the 17 and 18 rounders?

18 round on left, 17 round on right

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Thank you.

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any idea who might have some of these in stock? I can only find the 10 round version.

Posts: 8 | Registered: August 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hipshot 6:
Any idea who might have some of these in stock? I can only find the 10 round version.

In stock at Greg Cote right at this moment. He is a great member and vendor.

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/s...p22618afc-p-614.html

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/s...22620dps-p-2121.html

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/s...gp22620m-p-2335.html

Q

Posts: 26343 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just ordered three. Thank you!

Posts: 8 | Registered: August 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
You all must be talking about 9MM.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
You all must be talking about 9MM.

18 and 20 rounders. What do you think? Wink

Q

Posts: 26343 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
The more, the merrier. Mecgars have always been top notch for me, no problems regardless of the capacity.

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zombie thread!

Although, it’s good to know Greg Cote has some. I was looking for some a bit ago and TGS didn’t have them. Maybe Greg didn’t either at the time. My old P226 still has only 15 rounds.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
All kinds of mags had reduced availability due to the new WA state law enacting in July. Imported (mecgar) mags and Okay were the hardest hit.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
when I'm elected one of the first things I'm going to dictate:

"No honest law abiding citizen should need more than a 15 round magazine in a pistol."

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post