SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gen 5 Glock 26 and 34 MOS January 22nd
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gen 5 Glock 26 and 34 MOS January 22nd Login/Join 
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Student of Weapons Craft
Picture of Exodus
posted Hide Post
Just held a G5 26 at Champion Firearms in Colleg Station today. I think the distributors have jumped the gun!

Posts: 257 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I want that 34, and no finger grooves on the 26 sounds awesome.

But I will get a 34 gen5

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw both at the LGS today. 26.5 is nice, 34.5 MOS I looked at had a really good trigger.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Saw both at the LGS today. 26.5 is nice, 34.5 MOS I looked at had a really good trigger.
What LGS in Indiana?

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not sure how they pulled that off since the 26 & 34 Gen 5 hasnt shown up at distributors yet. The announcement said Jan 22.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Hopefully there is a Gen5 G40 in my future.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
What about 19X..
The “commander” slide on full size frame that requires proprietary 19x mags.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Couple of people on Glock forums have handled 26.5’s. One was even able to purchase. No word on the 19X models.

I don’t think they will be producing Gen5 .40’s at least I have not heard or read anything to the contrary.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
What about 19X..
The “commander” slide on full size frame that requires proprietary 19x mags.

It doesn’t require proprietary mags it’s just that some base plates don’t work with it, like the Gen5 base plate and some extended base plates like Taran Tactical but those work when you remove the lanyard loop.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Gen 5 Glock 34 would have a welcome place in my harem. Might even take the place of my 320 Tacops for IPSC, but not of my 226s. They still rule!

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcowboyscr:
quote:
What LGS in Indiana?

Plainfield Shooting Supplies

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
On YouTube, sootch00 does a good review on the G26 gen 5. https://youtu.be/W4rjS0sl2gA

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Well that just through a wrench in my plans.
Had intended to give the SIG P365 a close look once it became available but it looks like the Gen5 G26 takes care of the single gripe I have with my Gen3, the finger grooves forcing my finger into the relief behind the trigger guard.
I expect I would prefer the wider grip on the Glock vs the SIG as well.
Will have to compare both but as a former 'Never Glocker' I may just be getting my 4th one.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
A dealer on auction listed a 26-5 for $650. Let the price gouging begin.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I would doubt that. When Glock rolled the gen 5 19 and 17, they already had a ton of stock ready

My LGS has already said they should a good amount of 19X, 26 and 34 MOS ready to go

What I can’t decide is if I’m getting all 3

quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:
A dealer on auction listed a 26-5 for $650. Let the price gouging begin.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I ordered a G26 Gen 5 from my local Blue Label dealer. I just have to be patient now for 4-6 weeks till it arrives but at least I won’t be gouged and will have it for warmer weather carry time.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post