SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 71 magazine sources?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 71 magazine sources? Login/Join 
posted
Looking for some factory original 71 magazines.
Picked up a nice 71 but with only 1 aftermarket magazine. I will head to the range later to test it.
I have asked this question elsewhere but keep getting referred to sources for the triple k aftermarket magazine, which I understand run these pistols well, but would like at least one original for the gun.
Any sources you folks know of would be appreciated

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Good luck, they dried up when the surplus pistols got imported. I dug one out of the bottom of a magazine bin at my local gun and pawn shop.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are patient and speak Italian, http://www.armiusate.it/cerca/...tta+71/categoria,121

Two types of sellers there, private and commercial. Private sellers usually don't speak English. Commercial dealers usually do. As always, buyer beware. And ask that it be shipped Posta Raccomandata so that you can track it. Usually takes 3-4 weeks to get to you with a long stay in NY while it clears. Dealers usually ship to the US. Some private sellers don't.

Beyond that: ebay, gunbroker. Be prepared to pay anywhere from $90.00-$120.00 for them. At times shipping included.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
http://www.gun-parts.com/beretta/

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
http://www.gun-parts.com/beretta/

Triple K mags

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have a good experience with these guys when the Beretta 87 mags dried up a couple of years ago.

http://www.brignoliarmi.com/6/...-beretta-spare-parts

I don't see 71 or 87 mags listed now, but might be worth an email.

Be sure to stay <$100 in parts to be legal without ITAR issues.

Good luck.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a follow up post:
First even with the questionable aftermarket magazine ( I suspect it is a triple k ) it ran like a clock eating every type of 22 ammo I had on hand from cci standard to minimags aguila high and standard velocity and Winchester hv plus a few others. Ten yard groups of cci standard were right to point of aim and easily covered by a quarter. Really nice gun !
Still looking for mags, I live in "gun country" with about a dozen gun shops within a 30 minute drive. Not a single spare mag not even a triple k! Will order a couples triple k's for shooting for now.
Still hoping someone here can direct me to a source for at least one original!

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Just a thought. You might consider purchasing another 71 that has an original mag. After you posted I looked on GB... Eek maybe, maybe not. Good luck on your search for the "grail"

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I found the gun cheap enough that would not be such a crazy idea sentry.
Another question for those with more experience with this pistol:
I have heard there is some other mags you can mod to work in these?
Also which other beretta mags will work? Not a hat they are cheaper or easier to find but do any of the mags from later 22's designed on the da platforms fit?

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
There's a Bersa mag that can be altered to work but it costs as much as a Triple K, if you can find it.

Two best solutions are; buy other 71's and swap for Triple K mags and then sell (what I did) or b) just live with Triple K's (which by all accounts work fine).

Keep in mind...being surplus guns with ugly CAI import marks (and plentiful now), these are not considered collector grade but rather shooters so buy what works vs. what's "original".

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I bought a couple Bersa 644 mags off eBay a few years ago (far right). They required lots of Emory cloth work. The triple k mag is in the middle. Triple is probably your best bet.

Also, if I recall, I found a couple more 644 mags that fit much better without modification but the small difference on the upper rear part of the mag disconnect tab causes the mag to get stuck (maybe a 1mm diff.)

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the input. I will likely buy some triple k's for the range and just keep looking in junk bins at shops and shows until I find an original.
The pistol I picked up is a 1959 dated push button safety type jaguar with no import marks for a little less than the going rate for the surplus ones. It deserves at least one Italian mag!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I have a good experience with these guys when the Beretta 87 mags dried up a couple of years ago.

http://www.brignoliarmi.com/6/...-beretta-spare-parts

I don't see 71 or 87 mags listed now, but might be worth an email.

Be sure to stay <$100 in parts to be legal without ITAR issues.

Good luck.

I, too, bought three new-production 71 factory mags from Brignoli a couple of years ago (at $33 each!). FYI, the new factory mags now
come with flat base plates. No more finger-extension base plates. I switched base plates with some KKK mags I had and
now I'm a happy camper!

Also, I understand that Brignoli has stopped exporting magazines due to some changes in Italian export law. Other Italian
sources may still export mags.

If you find an Italian source for 71 mags let us know!

Posts: 63 | Location: Fort Myers, Florida  | Registered: January 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Good news for everyone who is looking genuine beretta M71 magazines: I have few extra pieces.

Please contact me via email for more details: kasdar [at] email.cz

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1,650.00 CZK = 75.01 USD

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post