SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Users: please compare S&W PC CORE M&P with P320RX
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Users: please compare S&W PC CORE M&P with P320RX Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted
for range games & casual carry, which gives YOU the best service in accuracy/reliability/comfort in carry/handling/grip feel/any other features you'd like to report?

9mm FS P320 RX is within a couple ounces of the S&W.

Does the RX represent worthy cost-benefit in your 'daily carry' use, or is it more for the range?

Does the PC CORE upgrade trigger and slide relief deliver satisfactory upgrade for the price?

Does either perform such as 'speed steel' at any given time/stage advantage, or is this just basic shooter-training factor?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: signewt,

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

'Nuff said.

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Last word?

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the S&W is a fine gun. I don't see how either would result in an appreciably lower stage time.

The Sig has the edge in the customization department. They are accurate, highly reliable. What's not to like?

-Freq

posted Hide Post
Have seen or worked on both. For serious range use:
The S&W M&P (1.0 version) Pro CORE can be made to have a good trigger with on-line parts. One does not even have to remove the rear sight (just the rear plate - easy). You can do it yourself. Of course, the TP9SFx can provide just about the same thing for a lower price out of the box . . . .and then the similar PPQ series. . .

Client spent a lot of money on P320 Rx and about half again to have it worked on by one of the few-who-can only to have a nice sight, fair trigger, and still no hope of a grip that fits. From what I have seen, not good value. Replace with Mr. Gray's trigger is about all one can do at a cost of only $100.

For carry: LC9s Pro, G43 or G42 or G26, PPS-M2 or FNS9C might be too heavy, or even consider P320SC9 with Gray trigger. LCs9 Pro needs the least fuss - probably none.

In the long run, over and over, I note that the best result includes separate pistols for separate activities. For IDPA (4.375" or shorter class) a G19 is very popular, but an M&P 2.0 4.25" should be great as will PPQ-M2 4". The latter may not need any work out-of-the-box and a PRo version of the 2.0 4.25 M&P could be great.

Put another way: selection has to fit. Fit involves quite a number of items beyond size and weight. Touch, operate, and make a few mistakes.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the detailed comments gents.

posted Hide Post
I dunno...I find my 320rx to be extremely accurate, as much so as any other Sig. And as far as fitting the hand, with the multiple frame lengths and sizes I just don't see how that could be the case.

Trigger definitely isn't a Wilson 1911, but frankly I wouldn't want a lighter trigger on a striker fire pistol without a manual safety. I have had zero problems shooting it fast, which is faster than I can get back on target.

Personally I think it's a great gun, and wouldn't be surprised if both smith and wesson and glock lose a significant amount of market share over the next several years.

-Freq

Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
I want what I can't afford as usual which is a milled P320 or milled M&P 2.0. The p320 RX is fine for competition and they are very mechanically accurate. Grip stippling and a GGI trigger is necessary IMO but the M&P often requires a custom fitted harrel on top of the trigger.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freq18Hz:
I dunno...I find my 320rx to be extremely accurate, as much so as any other Sig. And as far as fitting the hand, with the multiple frame lengths and sizes I just don't see how that could be the case.

Trigger definitely isn't a Wilson 1911, but frankly I wouldn't want a lighter trigger on a striker fire pistol without a manual safety. I have had zero problems shooting it fast, which is faster than I can get back on target.

Personally I think it's a great gun, and wouldn't be surprised if both smith and wesson and glock lose a significant amount of market share over the next several years.

-Freq

I shot one of the best 10 shot groups of my life today with the RX...9 rounds in a ragged hole and pulled one shot off by an inch - freakin' spoiler! My older P320 FS 9 is also a real shooter. I'm really pleased with these guns! I almost don't want to mess with them...though I have a GGI trigger on the workbench waiting to be installed. I don't have a CORE but did have a 9L with Apex bits and it was a great pistol but not as accurate in my hands.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post