SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you could have ONE .22 pistol.....
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could have ONE .22 pistol..... Login/Join 
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I've got a whole lotta .22 pistols.

My favorite would be the S&W 41, followed by the Colt Woodsman Match target, followed by the High standard Citation Military.

Only the S&W 41 is still made, but I don'r know how current quality compares to my 60's vintage pistol.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I really like my PPQ M2 4” but if it was just one .22lr, I stay with my Ruger MKII.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
Ruger MKII bull barrel 5.5".

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CAR:
Ruger MKII bull barrel 5.5".

^^^THIS^^^.....except in 22/45.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first handgun was a Ruger MK1 that I saved up for and my dad got for me when I was 15.
(Back when a 15 yo with a gun or a 15 yo walking into the local gun shop to buy ammo didn't set off red alerts).
Looking back feels like I must have put a million or so rounds through it.
Long gone, so this week I ordered a MKIV Standard just like my first one.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
My Walther PPK/S 22 lr. As accurate as a larger pistol, and easier to carry.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger Mark IV Tactical. If you don't like all the rails, they come right off. Not much heavier than the "Lights" and way better looking. The simple takedown that this model excels at. Accurate and the trigger, at least mine, isn't bad. Threaded barrel.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
What would you go with? I now have an excellent excuse to get myself a .22 pistol. Any suggestions on a good one? Uses would be 1) teaching a new shooter, 2) plinking, 3) possibly suppressing later on.

As previously mentioned above, I would recommend a CZ Kadet. It's all steel and built very well. The Kadet factory magazines are all steel. They are composed of a steel .22 insert welded inside a steel CZ 75 magazine body. The slide locks open after the last round is fired too.

The Kadet pistol handles well and is accurate. Mine digests anything I feed it. Plus, it makes a perfect suppressor host.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MG34_Dan,

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I only use .22lr pistols for Precision Pistol Competition these days. I have a Ruger MKII Target Competition with a Volquartsen trigger, and an UltraDot optic. I also have a Marvel .22lr conversion set on a dedicated 1911 frame, again with an UltraDot optic.

I lust after a Pardini in .22lr.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post

I absolutely love my Wife's Beretta 87. We've never had a failure and she loves shooting it! Quiet enough to shoot in the back yard, although we've only done that a couple times. Wink

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Ruger MK series.

Tremendously durable.
Accurate.
Huge aftermarket.
Available in a bunch of different configurations.

I have a bull barrel 5.5in MKII that I got back before I was aware of suppressors. One of these days I will have a good smith move the front sight back, chop it to 4 inches and thread it for a silencer.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Browning Buckmark. The only gun I own that my wife likes to shoot. Tackdriver accuracy, no recoil.

Posts: 59 | Registered: January 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a Browning and it was nice, but the magazines were scarce and expensive. I found an Italian source that, for a short while, had Cheetah 87 mags for about 25 bucks, so I scooped up a bunch and got the Beretta. Best .22 I ever shot.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
My favorite would be the S&W 41, followed by the Colt Woodsman Match target, followed by the High standard Citation Military.

Those are my favorites as well. I let the Woodsman get away, which I will always regret.

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 954 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Ruger mk4 22/45 lite. Easy to suppress. Good trigger. Easy to add a red dot. Lite, accurate, reliable, cheap.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of c_zielsdorf
posted Hide Post
Browning Buckmark.
Mine is boringly accurate and reliable. Suppressed with standard velocity ammo it's an absolute joy to shoot.

Disabled combat vet

Posts: 1409 | Location: WY | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Painful to think of only One! For practicality’s sake I would narrow it down to the most popular models for ease of parts, extra mags etc. As much as I love my S&W 41’s they aren’t cheap and can be ammo finicky and harder to mount optics if I want. So for me the choice would be between a Ruger and a Buckmark. The Ruger is US made and has better factory service if needed. My Buckmarks on average have been more accurate and the trigger is easier to make sweet. The newer Ruger’s have too many trigger widgets added to make them as easy to work on. So for me I’d probably choose a Buckmark with a scope base but a Ruger with the same would be fine too for a one and only 22lr pistol......

But thank God I live in the USA and can have all the above plus Hammerli etc etc!!!!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is were you should start Browning Buckmark.
If you like it you can then go to a second barrel to suppress.

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

If my #1 (P229 .22 Classic) .22 host is lost or stolen, this original LITE model 22/45 is my go to backup.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
I have a Mark III Hunter with a Volquartsen accurizing kit installed but my next one will be a Mark IV Lite.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post