SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you could have ONE .22 pistol.....
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could have ONE .22 pistol..... Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
What would you go with? I now have an excellent excuse to get myself a .22 pistol. Any suggestions on a good one? Uses would be 1) teaching a new shooter, 2) plinking, 3) possibly suppressing later on.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
If weight were a consideration: Browning Buckmark

If weight were not a consideration: S&W 41 (7" please)

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Beretta 87 Cheetah

Posts: 3250 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Man I love my PPQ 5" 22LR with the threaded barrel.

Put a 1K though it before cleaning or a failure. Most of them suppressed. Everyone that shoots it gets a smile.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Beretta 87 Cheetah

I love my Beretta 87 Target, but “2) plinking, 3) possibly suppressing later on” suggests that the Cheetah would be a better choice for you. The Browning 1911-22 intrigues me:

http://www.browning.com/produc...pistols/1911-22.html

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8925 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
The Smith and Wesson SW22 Victory meets all of your requirements. It is available with a threaded barrel.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Ruger 22/45 Mk. IV Lite

-Designed to be suppressed
-Easy takedown/cleaning (especially compared to earlier 22/45s)
-Customizable grips, for different shooters
-Huge aftermarket

Posts: 32489 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
I really want a Ruger Bearcat Shopkeeper (sans suppressor).

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
If weight were a consideration: Browning Buckmark

If weight were not a consideration: S&W 41 (7" please)

suppress a 41?

I guess you could get another barrel later on,

and if that is an option, a nice High Standard would be another option

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Ruger 22/45 Mk. IV Lite

-Huge aftermarket

If I didn't own the PPQ this would be on my list as a very high contender.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Beretta 87.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Victory...FTW. Roll Eyes Big Grin

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Victory...FTW. Roll Eyes Big Grin

This!
I've stopped shooting my other .22 LR pistols after I picked up
my Victory.
I was going to go with a Ruger but the trigger on the Victory was very good compared to the Ruger.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pre '68 build Beretta SAO model 70.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Buck mark with a 4" tac sol barrel.

Posts: 5127 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
The Smith and Wesson SW22 Victory meets all of your requirements. It is available with a threaded barrel.

This is what I ended up buying for my kids. It was cheapest in price and my kids had no issues with it. They were having issues with the Walther P22 and S&W MP22C. Switched to the SW22 Victory and all their issues went away. They prefer shooting it suppressed.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
My vote would be the S&W 41 with the 5 1/2" barrel. I had one years ago and sold it. One of my bigger regrets.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MY CZ Kadet .22

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Ruger 22/45 Mk. IV Lite

-Huge aftermarket

This, I just traded my Mark III for the Mark IV lite since I picked up a 22 suppressor, and it's fantastic.

Cleaned it for the first time this week after several hundred rounds, and to inspect it, one button take down is well designed, shoots great, trigger is good, and if you feel like hot rodding it up, Volquartsen....

Posts: 23375 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Other than being useful suppressed my go to is a mid 60’s vintage smith model 17 revolver. Handles ammo from cb’s to stingers equally well. Relentless reliability of course and accuracy on par or superior to auto pistols three times as costly.
It will likely be the last pistol I get rid of. I have a bunch of autos as well and enjoy them too
Beretta jaguar
Colt challenger
Smith 422
Previously have had a 41 high standard and others plus a marvel 22 conversion for the 1911. 22’s are pretty much my favorite! Inexpensive ammo, easy to shoot accurately minimal noise no brass to chase to reload

Posts: 3282 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post