SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Pro Slide Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Pro Slide Question Login/Join 
Watching for
Falling Rocks
Picture of erratic
posted
What is the purpose of the hole on the starboard side of a Sig Pro slide?

Posts: 858 | Location: North Florida Mountains | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On mine, it appears to be the firing pin positioning pin. It is installed on mine, the forward pin on your's (which may be for the loaded chamber indicator) is more aft than that on mine.

edit: Check the Sig Armorer section for an answer, may be of help to you.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
I believe the hole is there due to something about the internal extractor and stainless slide. The solid pin forward of the hole is the original style of FPPP for stainless slides.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine doesn't have one and I have an external extractor. So logic tells me it's for the internal extractor.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I've always understood it to be an access point during the slide manufacturing process with the internal extractor.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Watching for
Falling Rocks
Picture of erratic
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses and satisfying my curiosity. It appears to be related to the extractor with internal extractors, like my SP2009, having the hole.

Posts: 858 | Location: North Florida Mountains | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post