SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Best all steel 9mm pistol $305 can buy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best all steel 9mm pistol $305 can buy Login/Join 
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
Alright... so questions..

Is this just a small frame Stock 3? Is the front sight staked like a CZ75 pre B, or can you tell? Any idea on parts compatibility with modern tanfos or cz's, ie cgw parts, etc?

The front sight isn't staked on it looks to just be milled out of the same block the slide was. It integral. Parts interchange with any new large frame Tanfoglio except for the mags and grips. The second one I bought I'm going to convert to SAO. All you need to do is install a SAO trigger and remove the interrupter on the hammer. It's not a stock 3. Stock 3's have the full dustcover, square trigger guard, checkering, ambi safety, bull barrel, adjustable sights, etc... that's a $900 gun so not a fair comparrison.

Wow. Milled into the slided... that is... interesting. Seems like the least efficient way to do it.

Do you know the actual model? I'm just trying to figure out if it is on uspsa or ipsc "production list".

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
This seems like it...

http://eaacorp.com/index.php/g...ll-size-tanfoglio-52

Witness Standard.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Alright... so questions..

Is this just a small frame Stock 3? Is the front sight staked like a CZ75 pre B, or can you tell? Any idea on parts compatibility with modern tanfos or cz's, ie cgw parts, etc?

The front sight isn't staked on it looks to just be milled out of the same block the slide was. It integral. Parts interchange with any new large frame Tanfoglio except for the mags and grips. The second one I bought I'm going to convert to SAO. All you need to do is install a SAO trigger and remove the interrupter on the hammer. It's not a stock 3. Stock 3's have the full dustcover, square trigger guard, checkering, ambi safety, bull barrel, adjustable sights, etc... that's a $900 gun so not a fair comparrison.

Wow. Milled into the slided... that is... interesting. Seems like the least efficient way to do it.

Do you know the actual model? I'm just trying to figure out if it is on uspsa or ipsc "production list".

The model is EA9B and the SKU is 999111

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike28w:
Why do some of these guns have the safety on the slide and others on the frame ??

I much prefer the safety on the frame because that is how my other guns are....

Some of the early (imported by FIE in the 1980's-pre EAA) Tanfoglio pistols had slide mounted safeties.
Their Series 88 pistols moved the safety to the frame.

My Series 88 Tanfoglio compact (on the right hand side).
Nice trigger, very reliable and quite accurate.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I might have to be shuffle this toward the top of the list at this price. I'd been toying with the idea of a Jericho which is also a Tanfoglio design.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
This seems like it...

http://eaacorp.com/index.php/g...ll-size-tanfoglio-52

Witness Standard.

The 14+1 10mm sounds attractive, considering that it only takes one shot to tear Superman a new one (remember Para's comment about the 10mm a few years ago ? that was damn funny)

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8675 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Here's another really good sub $400 gun I just got. These are good times to be gun enthusiasts.

For $379 shipped I got a XDS 9mm 3.3 with CTC laser guard and 3 mags, I also get the gear package from the rebate which brings my package up to 2 holsters, mag pouch, 7 mags total. Not bad for the money. I even like the clam shell it came in which is a CT special package. Please save all the Springfield Chicago BS.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post