SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New to me Sig P250sc 9mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to me Sig P250sc 9mm Login/Join 
posted
I was fortunate enought to notice this pop up for sale on a local forum this morning. While I really want one of these in .357 Sig, the 9mm is certainly cheaper to shoot. I paid more for my .40 S&W version, but it had NS and five mags. I am still pretty pleased with this one.

Both of them.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are those who love the 250 and those who hate it; you obviously love them as do I. I actually have three complete 250s and a couple of X-change kits. If you can find an exchange kit for your gun in 357 Sig your problem is solved. You'll have a nine for inexpensive practice, and a 357 for carry.
In the meantime you are well protected with the two calibers you already own. I can't be be totally certain, but you might be able to shoot 357 Sig in your 40 with the proper barrel. I think the Sig model 239 40cal can be converted with just the normal Sig 357 barrel.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Exchange kits cost more than I paid for the pistols, LOL!!

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colby Bruce:
Exchange kits cost more than I paid for the pistols, LOL!!

I was thinking used.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Sigs. What holster do you use for your P250sc, and do you know where to find magazine finger extensions?

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^^ Not a P250, but I carry my P320C in an Ozarks IWB.
https://ozarksholstercompany.com/

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like Sigs. What holster do you use for your P250sc, and do you know where to find magazine finger extensions?

I carry mine in a leather holster I made. When I first bought the 250 they were a brand new model and holsters were not available. That started me making my own. since that time I have made upward of two dozen holsters.

posted Hide Post
Love my .45 250C. 9+1 in a very compact size. Excellent DAO with night sights. Great shooter.
Considering a full size.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan. Picked up a 250sc about 6 months ago and love the DAO smooth trigger. I bought a Compact slide here not ling ago and am looking for a bbl and guide rod/spring to try it with my sc frame.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
... do you know where to find magazine finger extensions?

These ain't cheap, but they're really nice:

https://www.obsidianarms.com/p...p/sigp320sub-004.htm

A cheaper option is to use Compact mags and X-grip adapters, which would have the additional advantage of giving you 15 rounds instead of 12.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
If one of your P250s is a .40, all you need is a .357 Sig barrel. The magazines are designed for both calibers.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
FWIW, the HK P2000/P2000sk extended or flat magazine base plates are an almost perfect match to the P320 base plates. The holes in the bottom align. Unfortunately, the rails on the base plates are not the same.

It's easy to remove the rails from the HK base plates with a belt sander and attach the modified HK base plates to the P320 magazine base plates with 3M double sided tape. If you're really anal you can fill in any tiny gaps with black silicone adhesive.

I've also attached thick gauge KYDEX material to the bottom of P320 base plates and achieved the same result but you do have to drill the hole.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What holster do you use

quote:
^^ Not a P250, but I carry my P320C in an Ozarks IWB.

I have a P250C and a P239 and I use Dustin's (Ozark Holster Co) IWB Hybrid holsters for both.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P.S. Absolutely LOVE my P250C ! ! !

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post