SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I had a big weekend and picked up a few new toys.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I had a big weekend and picked up a few new toys. Login/Join 
Picture of onpointgun
posted
My first pickup was a STI 2011 Guardian. This thing shoots great. This will eventually be worked into my carry rotation. After about 300 rounds down range I called it a day zero problems.

The second find was a P320X V-TAC. I had told my gun shop if they ever had the chance to get one I wanted it. The sights are different but I really like them. I put about 100 rounds down range without any problems.

The last item had been on order for about 3 months. This one will be my rifle for 3 gun next spring. JP-15 from JP Enterprises.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice!! CongratsSmile

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Now that's what I call an awesome weekend!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
A great weekend for sure lol, congrats!

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a nice and expensive weekend. Good taste.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
And I just stayed home....gotta get out more

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Well done, sir!

Thanks for sharing.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Did you get to shoot the JP 15 to top off the weekend? What did your wife say when you got home from such a happy holiday?

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fquico:
Wow! Did you get to shoot the JP 15 to top off the weekend? What did your wife say when you got home from such a happy holiday?

I haven't had the chance yet. My local range was having an event so my only option is a 50 yard indoor range. I am hoping to make it out next weekend but due to family drama it might not happen until the 22nd.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been thinking about the 2011 Guardian myself..Is yours' a 9mm or a 45acp..

NRA Benefactor

Posts: 37 | Location: South FL. | Registered: February 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spokes:
I have been thinking about the 2011 Guardian myself..Is yours' a 9mm or a 45acp..

It's a 9mm the reason I picked it up is shooting 3 gun I put countless rounds down range with my STI Limited. I figured why not try to adopt the same platform in a carry sized 2011. Here is my DVC Limited

Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
That JP is awesome.

I love their BCGs

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onpointgun:
quote:
Originally posted by Spokes:

It's a 9mm the reason I picked it up is shooting 3 gun I put countless rounds down range with my STI Limited. I figured why not try to adopt the same platform in a carry sized 2011. Here is my DVC Limited

What’s it weigh? I had a similar idea with a 4” Tactical, but it was still too heavy to be a viable carry gun for me.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
JP makes good stuff. I like their triggers.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
JP makes good stuff. I like their triggers.

I couldn't agree more it's my first experience with them. But I like it more than any Geissele or Timney I have had.