New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92X Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Hands on review over on The Truth About Guns. The conversion grip looks pretty good.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns....-performance-models/

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Looks like Beretta is not only introducing the 92X Performance series (steel frame, frame mounted safety) they are also introducing the 92X Standard series in full, centurion, and compact sizes. Aluminum frame and slide mounted safety/decocker.
So, um... what's the point of this, if I may be so bold? Same old slide mounted safety... so it's basically a vertec. I don't get it.

Checkered frames, beveled mag wells, dove tail sights, and better trigger reset.
Ah, thanks.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Well, the 92X Performance really didn't do anything for me, but the new 92X line does have a few in the line-up that really catch my eye - namely the Full Size and Centurion!
(Damn you Beretta Big Grin)

REALLY nice to see Beretta finally listening, albeit probably 10 years too late. But with a seeming resurgence in the 92 line, better late than never I suppose. Smile

I had planned on snagging a 92A1, but might get a FS X or Centurion X instead as those have ALL the features I want (rounded trigger guard, light rail, beveled mag well, M9A1 frame checkering, extended mag release, G model, and removable sights.)
Not to mention it comes with the wraparound grips as I'm not a fan of the Vertec frame - the sharp angle digs into my palm.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went in search of a 92X Compact today; none seen in the shops visited. But I did bring home an INOX finished 92 Compact (M9A1 frame). Something about it's heft just seemed magical Smile. Made in TN.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post