A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Sans rail could make it perfect

+1 to that!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I'm a Beretta fan, but this is exactly what I don't get about Beretta. They will make a pistol like this, yet they won't make a pistol like a Black or Inox(been bugging them for years on the Inox!) Centurion when they already have the compact slides and barrels from the compact models and the full sized frames to put them together. I know they are making the LTT but still. I guaranty that the Centurions would outsell these specialty models 20 or 30 to 1. Just take a look at the Beretta Compact thread and the enthusiasm there. This model will definitely get them some attention but I doubt they are going to sell like hotcakes. The Vertec frame has its followers, but I for one prefer the grip and contours of the traditional 92 frames, even with having hands on the somewhat smaller side. I recently held an M9A3 and did not like the flat backed frame at all. Just doesn't feel right to me on a 92 style pistol.

If they came out with an Inox or even better yet, a full stainless steel Centurion model (no rail), I would buy one on the spot, even if it meant getting rid of something else I already own.

Guess it's time to send Beretta another message about the Centurion.....

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Make one in DA/SA and I ll buy one

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

DA/SA is standard on the one at $1399 MSRP

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
The ability to carry it condition 1. Also a .40 variant so I can ask Jarvis to make me a 357sig barrel for it. The weight of this gun is a bit much for 9mm only Wink

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
quote:

Thanks. I just didn’t see the slide mounted decocker on any of them.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
quote:

Thanks. I just didn’t see the slide mounted decocker on any of them.

The top three models are frame safety and all steel. Other models coming that are normal alloy frames and slide mounted controls

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Looks like Beretta is not only introducing the 92X Performance series (steel frame, frame mounted safety) they are also introducing the 92X Standard series in full, centurion, and compact sizes. Aluminum frame and slide mounted safety/decocker.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/p...30.1562343848#mpp=72

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those sons of bitches...

Now I guess we know why there have been such great deals on 92s this year.

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
That Centurian is one sexy mofo

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Looks like Beretta is not only introducing the 92X Performance series (steel frame, frame mounted safety) they are also introducing the 92X Standard series in full, centurion, and compact sizes. Aluminum frame and slide mounted safety/decocker.
So, um... what's the point of this, if I may be so bold? Same old slide mounted safety... so it's basically a vertec. I don't get it.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
So, um... what's the point of this, if I may be so bold? Same old slide mounted safety... so it's basically a vertec. I don't get it.

Checkered frames, beveled mag wells, dove tail sights, and better trigger reset.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow...the 92X compacts (rail, w/o rail) both look hot to me. Any idea when street pricing becomes available?

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of 92s. I still do not have a Centurion, so this one interests me. None of the rest of the 92X do.

Looks like no more Brigadiers.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If my eyes weren't deceiving me, the 92X Compact is about 4 ounces lighter than the Inox Compact. Roughly the same MSRP also. And available as a "G", decock only!

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, had no idea they were releasing an entire family of the 92X series. There are a couple that will be on my list!

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Wow. If anybody wants to Karma me a 92x Centurion my email is up to date. Smile

I wasn’t expecting a full line of 92x.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I said earlier in this thread, I have absolutely no interest in the 92X Performance, but a no-rail 92 Compact with dovetail sights? Oh, man...

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post