https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1500043454

March 20, 2019, 07:16 AM
hberttmank
Beretta 92X
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Sans rail could make it perfect

+1 to that!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock
March 20, 2019, 11:16 AM
Dtech
I'm a Beretta fan, but this is exactly what I don't get about Beretta. They will make a pistol like this, yet they won't make a pistol like a Black or Inox(been bugging them for years on the Inox!) Centurion when they already have the compact slides and barrels from the compact models and the full sized frames to put them together. I know they are making the LTT but still. I guaranty that the Centurions would outsell these specialty models 20 or 30 to 1. Just take a look at the Beretta Compact thread and the enthusiasm there. This model will definitely get them some attention but I doubt they are going to sell like hotcakes. The Vertec frame has its followers, but I for one prefer the grip and contours of the traditional 92 frames, even with having hands on the somewhat smaller side. I recently held an M9A3 and did not like the flat backed frame at all. Just doesn't feel right to me on a 92 style pistol.

If they came out with an Inox or even better yet, a full stainless steel Centurion model (no rail), I would buy one on the spot, even if it meant getting rid of something else I already own.

Guess it's time to send Beretta another message about the Centurion.....

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling
March 20, 2019, 11:36 AM
jljones
Make one in DA/SA and I ll buy one

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

March 20, 2019, 11:39 AM
PGT
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

DA/SA is standard on the one at $1399 MSRP
March 21, 2019, 01:51 AM
nojoy
The ability to carry it condition 1. Also a .40 variant so I can ask Jarvis to make me a 357sig barrel for it. The weight of this gun is a bit much for 9mm only Wink
March 21, 2019, 06:45 AM
jljones
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
quote:

Thanks. I just didn’t see the slide mounted decocker on any of them.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

March 21, 2019, 07:06 AM
PGT
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
quote:

Thanks. I just didn’t see the slide mounted decocker on any of them.

The top three models are frame safety and all steel. Other models coming that are normal alloy frames and slide mounted controls
March 21, 2019, 07:27 AM
roberth
A different link - http://www.beretta.com/en-us/92x-performance/

April 13, 2019, 10:53 PM
SevenPlusOne

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"
July 24, 2019, 07:02 PM
mbinky
Looks like Beretta is not only introducing the 92X Performance series (steel frame, frame mounted safety) they are also introducing the 92X Standard series in full, centurion, and compact sizes. Aluminum frame and slide mounted safety/decocker.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/p...30.1562343848#mpp=72

July 24, 2019, 09:28 PM
DaBigBR
Those sons of bitches...

Now I guess we know why there have been such great deals on 92s this year.
July 24, 2019, 10:17 PM
Lord Vaalic
That Centurian is one sexy mofo

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
July 24, 2019, 10:40 PM
1KPerDay
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Looks like Beretta is not only introducing the 92X Performance series (steel frame, frame mounted safety) they are also introducing the 92X Standard series in full, centurion, and compact sizes. Aluminum frame and slide mounted safety/decocker.
So, um... what's the point of this, if I may be so bold? Same old slide mounted safety... so it's basically a vertec. I don't get it.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.
July 24, 2019, 10:46 PM
Lord Vaalic
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
So, um... what's the point of this, if I may be so bold? Same old slide mounted safety... so it's basically a vertec. I don't get it.

Checkered frames, beveled mag wells, dove tail sights, and better trigger reset.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
July 25, 2019, 12:37 AM
rpm2010
Wow...the 92X compacts (rail, w/o rail) both look hot to me. Any idea when street pricing becomes available?
July 25, 2019, 02:20 AM
RioGrande481
I have a bunch of 92s. I still do not have a Centurion, so this one interests me. None of the rest of the 92X do.

Looks like no more Brigadiers.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976
July 25, 2019, 05:23 AM
rat2306
If my eyes weren't deceiving me, the 92X Compact is about 4 ounces lighter than the Inox Compact. Roughly the same MSRP also. And available as a "G", decock only!
July 25, 2019, 07:29 AM
xanth
Wow, had no idea they were releasing an entire family of the 92X series. There are a couple that will be on my list!
July 25, 2019, 08:52 AM
cslinger
Wow. If anybody wants to Karma me a 92x Centurion my email is up to date. Smile

I wasn’t expecting a full line of 92x.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
July 25, 2019, 09:47 AM
henryarnaud
As I said earlier in this thread, I have absolutely no interest in the 92X Performance, but a no-rail 92 Compact with dovetail sights? Oh, man...

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes