Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92X Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Aw crap. I really thought I was done buying guns. Man, these look pretty awesome.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
A little birdy sent me this....

Oh, boy!

This picture spells big trouble for me and my $$$

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonFrost:
quote:

Oh, boy!

I really hate both you and Beretta right now. I might be selling a SIG or two to fund a Beretta or two.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This might be the start of a comeback for non-1911 all metal target/competition pistols. Maybe the manufacturers see that the plastic gun market is completely saturated now and what's old is new again. CZ, Sig P210/X5, Walther Q5 Match and now the Beretta 92X. I'd like to see S&W start making their 3rd gen guns again. They'd totally dominate the market if they re-released their PC pistols. Those guns were born and breed for competition.

Posts: 841 | Registered: January 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SS:
This might be the start of a comeback for non-1911 all metal target/competition pistols. Maybe the manufacturers see that the plastic gun market is completely saturated now and what's old is new again. CZ, Sig P210/X5, Walther Q5 Match and now the Beretta 92X. I'd like to see S&W start making their 3rd gen guns again. They'd totally dominate the market if they re-released their PC pistols. Those guns were born and breed for competition.

I agree 100%. I love my Shadow 2 , my new Walther Q5 Steel is amazing so now i'll look at the New Beretta Cant wait

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I wonder if that optic bridge would fit on my Brig Tac- maybe with only two screws?

I'm in the same camp regarding the Vertec slide. Maybe someone like Langdon can get VZ to make a set of conversion grips like what come with the M9A3

I'd also almost rather prefer the slide controls in G fashion over the thumb safety.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonFrost:
quote:

Oh, boy!

Hey Jon: Can you email that pic to me ?
Thanks,
Nick in Naples
Nojoba@aol.com

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:
I’m loving this gun! More importantly, I’m loving that there seems to be a resurgence of all steel pistols. I’m happy to pay more money for these all steel guns. I only wish Smith and Wesson would start producing their 3rd generation auto pistols again.

I couldn't agree more I love 3rd Gen Smith's.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Sans rail could make it perfect

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Sharp lookin' pistol there!

I likey!! I likey alot!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
I can do without the match take down lever. As if there was ever a race to disassemble my gun Wink aside from that, I likes !

It's not for you, it's so Jet Li can take your slide off easier Wink.

I've always admired the Beretta 92, especially the Inox versions. Can't say I'm a fan of the vertical front serrations or the match takedown lever, but everything else about this pistol has me wondering why it took Beretta so long to make this gun.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Sans rail could make it perfect

Ditto!
But I'll likely end up with a railed one anyway...steel frame, vertec grip, frame mounted safety...Hits all my checkmarks for a new Beretta.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Nice to see Beretta branching out, and I'm digging a lot of the features (especially the frame-mounted safety, gas pedal TDL, and magwell.)

Not sure I'll be adding one to the stable, but it's a step in the right direction.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
What somebody please explain the competition takedown lever? Is it angled to provide a thumb index point or something?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
What somebody please explain the competition takedown lever? Is it angled to provide a thumb index point or something?

Support thumb rests on it, allows you to apply pressure downward to help with recoil control.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
I'm in the same camp regarding the Vertec slide. Maybe someone like Langdon can get VZ to make a set of conversion grips like what come with the M9A3
Although there is a "Vertec" slide, you are talking about the frame I think. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
First ugly Beretta in a while. I'm glad they're making a model with the frame mounted safety though. Hopefully that will trickle down.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3181 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92X weight unloaded 47.61 oz

IDPA SSP 8.2.1 Stock Service Pistol Division (SSP)
Handguns permitted for use in SSP must:

E. Weigh 43.00 oz. or less unloaded, with the heaviest magazine inserted.

Well, darn.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
The magwell on the standard is interesting...

Only one I’ve found is the open-front one made by EGW - and none one that I know of makes baseplates that will fit it.
(I mod’d some 17 rounders to fit.)

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
First ugly Beretta in a while. I'm glad they're making a model with the frame mounted safety though. Hopefully that will trickle down.
See one of the steel 92 Biliennium models @ GB fo sale and it wears the frame mounted safety. Sharp looking pistol.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post