New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star BM Login/Join 
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Geez, that's pathetic. QA apparently missed this one going out the door. I'll be interested in how your return goes.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, even the good one i have seen did not have pitting like thay, just blueing wear.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
Well, Classic Firearms provided me with a refund and a shipping label to have the firearm returned. No drama involved, thankfully.

I stopped at the FFL to give him the shipping label and I noticed a pistol lying on top of the counter holding down a stack of paperwork. I asked if the gun was spoken for and he said that he just took it in trade moments before I got there. It’s a S&W model 5906. I don’t know much about S&W 3rd Gen guns, having never inspected one, but it’s obviously very well made. The price seemed fair so I told him I’d take it. For a little bit more money than the Star, I think it’s a home run.

The gun appears to be in very good condition although the inside was filthy. A flood of people came into the shop after me (NJ election panic) and there was a lot of interest in the gun.

I’m quite pleased with it and I’m hoping it runs good.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:
Well, Classic Firearms provided me with a refund and a shipping label to have the firearm returned. No drama involved, thankfully.

I stopped at the FFL to give him the shipping label and I noticed a pistol lying on top of the counter holding down a stack of paperwork. I asked if the gun was spoken for and he said that he just took it in trade moments before I got there. It’s a S&W model 5906. I don’t know much about S&W 3rd Gen guns, having never inspected one, but it’s obviously very well made. The price seemed fair so I told him I’d take it. For a little bit more money than the Star, I think it’s a home run.

The gun appears to be in very good condition although the inside was filthy. A flood of people came into the shop after me (NJ election panic) and there was a lot of interest in the gun.

I’m quite pleased with it and I’m hoping it runs good.

Lol i'll swap ya my BM for that 5906...you got the better deal hands down

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:

Glad the return went okay. And it looks like you picked up a real winner with the 5906!

My BM is really pretty and last weekend I found out it runs flawlessly on 115gr S&B. It also strings boolits 12" up and down the target six inches left of PoA at 7m. Apparently I've got some things to figure out with this gun, starting with what I'm doing wrong. Razz

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post