SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tips on blending a mag well on a CZ TSO? Mostly done.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tips on blending a mag well on a CZ TSO? Mostly done. Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
I’m looking at smoothing and blending the factory mag well on my CZ TSO. I’m not having much luck finding a different mag well that looks like it would be any better. Photos to come.

I’ll probably do it by hand with files but I was wondering if anyone had any tips out side of that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Riley,

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
Maybe this will help!
https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=100163.0

Hope it works out for you!

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
That's kind of an awful fit given the price and flagship status of that gun...

I used a dremel on my TS back in the day. Mark the metal you can see with a paint pen or something with the magwell on. Remove magwell and grind it off. Go slow and often check the fit. I think it will be easier and a lot faster to get it looking decent with a dremel vs hand files.

Is that a Czechmate magwell?

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

This is on my new Tactical Sports Orange. I think it’s the same as the Czechmate. It seems there is a mixed bag of parts. Some of the TSO have the old style mag release button and safety while some like mine have the Shadow 2 safety and style mag release.

Optical Delusion
Picture of BNW
posted Hide Post
Nice gun! I'm no expert but from what I've seen it's pretty typical across the board, the few I've done come out pretty good with automotive port and polish kit or something similar.
https://www.summitracing.com/p...f-all11052/overview/

Posts: 2092 | Location: Maine | Registered: January 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a nice Dremel but am nervous to use it for this.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Not as nice as the one linked to, but I may need to do a little more work before final polish. This is about 320grit.