SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Red Hill Tactical competition holsters; initial impressions and overview
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Hill Tactical competition holsters; initial impressions and overview Login/Join 
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted
Ordered 2 of these a month ago after failing to find any holsters for the Beretta 92 Brigadier for a reasonable price. (standard 92FS holsters don't work). Also got one for my CZ75b Omega that has been a pleasure to shoot since its trip to Cajun.

Initial impressions are very favorable. I remembered the prices wrong in the video; the standard price for the competition holster with DOTS belt attachment is $70, and the carbon black cost me an additional $5.

For around the same price as the machine-molded offerings from other makers, you get a hand-molded, double-thickness kydex holster with your choice of belt attachments. So far I'm impressed.

Video for any interested
https://youtu.be/v72ZoRKyuSo

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
I bought one from Red Hill Tactical for a Beretta 92a1. Top notch quality. A little pricey but worth it in my case since there weren’t many off the shelf options for that model of Beretta.
SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1645 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the Redhill holsters for matches, though other makes for concealed carry. The Redhill holsters are well made and won't break. There's a lot of choice in color and style. I use a bright interior color with an offset holster; it's impossible to miss when returning to the holster. Mine have a carbon fiber finish on the outside. They're functional, and look nice, too.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I'm no competitor, but bought several of their rigs for my oddballs for steel challenge; HK Tactical, X-5's, CZ's, etc. Been happy with all of them.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one when I shot Tanfoglio, and I am not a fan. Never had a holster before that constantly left shavings on the slide. Could not get retention right. Had to file off and cut off parts of it to reduce interference spots. Left me with impression of quickly made unrefined product. I moved on to Lytton and GX for higher end competition rigs, and I'd even take Bladetech over RHT.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post