SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Bought a PPQ M2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought a PPQ M2 Login/Join 
Picture of lcbjr77
posted
I've been doing some research on this pistol for some time, the other day I stopped by my LGS and held a PPQ in the 4" variant,it fit my hand like a glove... so well and bought it. I'll post back once I do get to spend some quality time at the range. First gun I've owned in some time you folks have any recommendations on IWB holsters? Was looking at Black Arches, Alien Gear, Comp-Tac???

Thanks

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have numerous carry pistols and have tried numerous different all kydex and kydex/leather hybrid IWB holsters over the years and found that Comp-Tac's MTAC IWB holster is my favorite. It is a hybrid kydex/leather holster and is very comfortable to wear both standing and sitting for hours at a time (IMHO).

Posts: 52 | Registered: September 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Look at the Galco KingTuk.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't bother trying to save money on the AG. It's what I have for my PPQ and I wish I'd spent the cash on another MTAC.

As for the PPQ itself, I'm a fan, but for some reason I don't shoot it as well as I hoped. It does have a bit more kick than most 9s, but I think it's more a sight issue. I think the rear notch is too wide (or front post too narrow). I changed the sights to Mepro's but it changed the POI a touch high. I've also had it seize up on reloads. To be fair, they were out of spec (bought them during ammo shortage from a local outfit that previously was well respected). They worked in my SIGs, but I think the stepped chamber of the PPQ grabbed them. My point there is just use quality ammo, which you should with any gun.

Here's what I do with my PPQ that feels great in my hands:

Compared to what I do with a rental Glock (that I don't like at all):

Compared to the P320 that I'm lukewarm about the feel, but shoot great:

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lcbjr77:
I've been doing some research on this pistol for some time, the other day I stopped by my LGS and held a PPQ in the 4" variant,it fit my hand like a glove... so well and bought it. I'll post back once I do get to spend some quality time at the range. First gun I've owned in some time you folks have any recommendations on IWB holsters? Was looking at Black Arches, Alien Gear, Comp-Tac???

Thanks

Hate to be "that guy", but before you carry the PPQ, you should be aware of a vulnerability the PPQ has.

An impact to the back of a slide through bumping into something hard, or dropping from as little of 18 inches can leave you with a dead trigger. If you have such an impact, always be sure to rack the slide again.

https://pistol-forum.com/showt...Mallet-Mallet-vs-PPQ

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lordhamster:
quote:

Thanks

Hate to be "that guy", but before you carry the PPQ, you should be aware of a vulnerability the PPQ has.

An impact to the back of a slide through bumping into something hard, or dropping from as little of 18 inches can leave you with a dead trigger. If you have such an impact, always be sure to rack the slide again.

Thanks for the info lordhamster, so who here does carry the PPQ and have you had any first hand experience?
I just did a quick search and saw where some people had the "dead trigger" and some didn't

Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
I love my PPQ.Definitely get some trigger time with it before ultimately deciding on carrying it. The trigger feels quite light and the super short reset can cause some inadvertent trigger pulls if you don't learn to ride the reset.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The major problem with the M2 is mag release position & weak mag release spring. Walther never acknowledged the problem but I understand a telephone call will get you a normal spring. It depends on your hand size, hand shape & hold. I experienced multiple mag ejections until I replaced the spring with a similar 1911 spring.

http://www.waltherforums.com/f...lease-ppq-m-2-a.html

My last post on the Walther Forum 9-19-2014:

I thought it was time to repost my experiences:
8-09-14

Loved my 9mm. Incredible 5lb trigger, so I bought a 40. Fast forward to using it during an advanced class. Mag drop, again & again. During speed exercises inducing stress a perfect weak hand hold may not happen, therefore in my case with my small hands, MAG DROP! My thumb joint falls on the edge of the mag release. I switched to my new Sig P320 & the problem went away. Called Walther & the answer was "try your other gun & see if the problem is replicated". I have measured the pressure required to engage the mag release with a Lyman Digital guage. My PPQ M2 9mm averages 2lb 13.1oz, my PPQ M2 40 S&W averages 3lb 12.5oz. I checked my Sig P320, averaged 4lb 13.5oz. My Glock 19, averaged 6lb 7.5oz. Also the mag release shape of the P320 precludes accidental release & the Glock 19 mag release is nowhere near my thumb joint. Also the mag release buttons on the Sig & Glock require greater travel before the mag release is activated.

8-13-14
I received my Wolff spring pack today from Midway & immediately looked at what I had. 2 same length springs with fewer coils but heavier wire were in the pack, so I tried one. Better, & measured at an average of 4lb 6.5oz. Not satisfied I found 2 longer springs with the same heavier wire. I cut 1 of the springs 3 coils longer & installed it. Perfect with an average of 5lb 10.1oz & dry runs produced no unintentional mag release. No discernible additional effort on the thumb to drop the mag. The proof is when I try it under speed, high stress drills; but I think the problem has been solved. Changing the frame scallop above the mag release & adding stippling to that scalloped area would put the final touches on a solution IMO. Thanks guys for all your help, The PPQ may replace my Sigs after all.

My previous measures;"PPQ M2 9mm averaged 2lb 13.1oz, my PPQ M2 40 S&W averaged 3lb 12.5oz. I checked my Sig P320, averaged 4lb 13.5oz. My Glock 19, averaged 6lb 7.5oz."

I just replaced the spring in my PPQ M2 40, but cut it 3.5 coils longer. Averaged 6lb 3.0oz, again perfect.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I carry my PPS M2 in a PJ Holster IWB holster. I would never have believed IWB could be so convenient and comfortable.

I haven't experienced any issues with my PPS M2 so far.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I carry my PPS M2 in a PJ Holster IWB holster. I would never have believed IWB could be so convenient and comfortable.

PJ Holsters are by far my favorite. Have one for nearly every pistol I own. About to order one for my CZ PCR

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my PPQ M2. (Got the navy variant.) I shot it so much better than my EDC Glock just because I haven't replaced the stock plastic sights on my Glock yet.

I want to shoot a PPS M2 and Shield side-by-side and see which I prefer for the few times I need a really small CCW.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thanks

Huh? I've never heard of such a thing?

Posts: 636 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

PJ Holsters are by far my favorite. Have one for nearly every pistol I own. About to order one for my CZ PCR

What type of clips did you folks order for your PJHolsters, I'm about to pull the trigger on one but there are so many options for the belt clips... Thanks

Walther PPS M2

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
What type of clips did you folks order for your PJHolsters, I'm about to pull the trigger on one but there are so many options for the belt clips... Thanks

PJ Holsters are made from a single piece of Kydex. The belt clip is part of the holster, rather than bolted-on. That's one of the neat things about it. (Though, looking, I see he now offers a "bolt-on" clip option.)

At Paul's suggestion I went with .080 Kydex and reinforced clip. It works well. Very well.

Recommended a friend with a Shield PC do the same. He was doubtful until he tried mine. Was convinced. Ordered the same. Loves it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

PJ Holsters are made from a single piece of Kydex. The belt clip is part of the holster, rather than bolted-on. That's one of the neat things about it. (Though, looking, I see he now offers a "bolt-on" clip option.)

At Paul's suggestion I went with .080 Kydex and reinforced clip. It works well. Very well.

Recommended a friend with a Shield PC do the same. He was doubtful until he tried mine. Was convinced. Ordered the same. Loves it.

Thanks for the info..I just ordered one

Walther PPS M2

Picture of Kroz
posted Hide Post
Love my PPQ's, in both 9mm and .45. More muzzle flip than my Glocks, and had to replace the pin forward of the trigger on the .45 (factory sent replacement), because it kept backing out. Never had any of the dead trigger or barrel issues a few people have reported. Good out-of-the-box triggers - I shoot them more accurately than other polymer pistols.

Oh, I'm guessing you know about the rebate, http://www.waltherarms.com/rebate100/, which helped me decide between the P-10C and PPQ (or made it harder to decide, if that makes sense).

Posts: 108 | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks for the info..I just ordered one

You're welcome. Be sure to come back and let us know how it works out for you.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Same here. I like the Kydex reinforced clip option... the built in one. So far it has never failed me. Furthermore, when I bought a Shield 45, I ordered a holster for it... I made a mistake in ordering and ordered the 9mm version instead. Paul let me send the 9mm back and sent me the 45 version at no additional cost!! He is a real class act.

Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I love the PPQ. I have two-one for each of my homes. It is my winter carry gun. I have the compact Walther PPS (also 2) for my summer carry piece. They are comfortable, accurate, and reliable. What's not to like. I've never had the dead trigger issue despite carrying 24/7 and firing a few thousand down the pipe. One pistol did have the mag drop issue. A call to Walther got free springs which resolved the issue. Best pistol for my needs. Enjoy it.

As an aside, while qualifying for work another fellow had a 40 Glock that jammed and wouldn't run. He used my Walther to qualify and said he never shot so well.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post