SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320C back home today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320C back home today Login/Join 
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted
There's a common refrain that you only hear from those who have troubles with their actions or choices.

For example, you never hear a person say: I drove into work today and it was completely normal and nothing out of the ordinary happened at all.

But we've all heard commuter horror stories of traffic nightmares or road rage or car trouble.

The point being, nobody raises hell when everything goes right. Well, today I'm going to be that guy nobody hears from.

I sent my Sig back in for the voluntary recall. Sig had it for exactly 11 days - not counting shipping time. It was returned in exactly the condition it left. No imperfections, no handling marks, nothing. The trigger looks slightly different, and it doesn't do the double click thing now, but it feels exactly as it did before. Same take-up, same break, same reset, and no trigger slap. So I went shooting, and the gun shoots exactly as it did before too. Right to point of aim and stacking rounds in the bulls eye when I hold still and try hard.

Sig updated my pistol in very short time, with zero hassles on my end, and the result is like none of the stories I've read. It works perfectly, and looks great too. I'm still loving my 320.

Not everyone is having issues. Not everyone is dissatisfied. My interaction was borderline boring - just the way I like it.

I just thought some members might benefit from seeing that. Remember that not everyone has problems or issues - although I don't mean to discount anyone else's experience. I just mean to illustrate that we are in an enclave here, and the consumers who had trouble are often the only voices we hear. You don't hear from the hundreds of other buyers who had no issues at all - because who cares? Right? How much time are we going to spend extolling the virtues of the times everything went exactly as it should?

Thank you, Sig, for the very boring and ordinary transaction. You did good, and I appreciate it. (Thanks for the discount card too. Nice touch.)

Posts: 10751 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What was the turn around on getting the work done? I have a few to send and have been waiting for the initial rush to subside.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BadDogPSD:
What was the turn around on getting the work done?

"Sig had it for exactly 11 days - not counting shipping time."

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
11 days, huh? Sig's had mine for 21 days now... Wonder why yours was so speedy?

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wonder why yours was so speedy?

They put all the Arkansas guns at the back of the line. Wink

I don't know, honestly Rogue. I dropped mine off on 3/7 and today got the e-mail on Tuesday that it was on the way. FedEx confirmed it would be arriving today. A pretty quick turn-around in my opinion.

Posts: 10751 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Mine both came back just fine. Despite sending both at the same time, one (the RX) took an extra 5 days. The first one came back really quickly at around a week. Both of these guns shoot really well.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
They had mine for 8 days total, including shipping. No issues from my 320 VUG expeirience either.

Posts: 1513 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info!

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:

The point being, nobody raises hell when everything goes right. Well, today I'm going to be that guy nobody hears from.

Actually most of us who have sent in a pistol and got it back have had nothing bad to say, and have reported good things. There are far more good reports than bad, and some of the bad have been people who started complaining before they ever fired the pistol.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I just received mine (P320 Carry 9mm and P320compact .45) today and quickly put a couple hundred through each of them and they ran great. Sig had mine for a total of 3 business days. Of course I sweetened my odds by putting an envelope to the gunsmith with a thank you and a twenty spot in each case Smile They came back nicely lubed ready to shoot. They also sent me a bunch of swag. A nice billet Live Free or Die plate, some nice pins, a coin, a patch. I was really impressed. Didn't do it for the stuff, just figured if a guy took a second look to make sure it was right it was worth it.

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of course I sweetened my odds by putting an envelope to the gunsmith with a thank you and a twenty spot in each case

Nice!

Wish I'd thought of that. Good call.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I got both of mine back today. Took exactly 28 days, from dropping the packages off at FedEx to them being delivered back to me. Sig had them for 15 business days total.

Interestingly, despite numerous reports otherwise, Sig didn't swap out my Subcompact grip module for a new version with a larger beavertail. It was returned with the original grip module.

Both guys were returned heavily lubed, both with oil and grease.

Triggers feel about the same as before. No problems there. The only difference I've noticed is a pronounced "wiggle" in the slide, about halfway through the trigger stroke. It moves noticeably up and down on the FCU rails during that point while dryfiring, on both of my guns. I don't recall that being there before. I assume it has to do with the new part's interaction with the new cutout in the bottom of the slide. Luckily, you can't feel any extra hitch in the trigger pull at that point. Same smooth pull as before.

If I had thought about it, I would have taken trigger pull weight measurements before sending them off, and compared then to the new trigger. Oh well. If there's a difference in weight, it's minimal.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the upgrade was completely uneventful and painless. I'm just really happy about the disconnector addition to reset the sear. No more potential failure!

Rogue, the slide did pull down pre-upgrade too. It's the sear pulling down on the striker. Probably less noticeable when loaded, mag springs pushing the rounds up against the slide and all.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I like mine better since the upgrade.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s interesting about not changing out the SC modules. On mine they went so far as to send me three extra modules to replace my extras. They sent me the new ones and I sent them the old ones. Other than beavertail I cant make out any difference.

I did finally have something bad to say about the upgrade. Lol. I have a Tacops slide that came back feeling like it was riding along a gravel road. If you did anything other than release from slide lock the slide would stop short of battery. Every time. I kept greasing and kept hand cycling but a tiny speck of metal came out the magwell and I decided enough. Called them, described issue, and shipping laabel was sent. Went in on Thursday. Should say I’m not the original owner but Sig didn’t care. I suspect it will come back boringly normal like its brethren.

Off topic, bought PELT2 flat and like it a lot. Bought a couple more.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
I sweetened my odds by putting an envelope to the gunsmith with a thank you and a twenty spot in each case Smile

I received mine back today. They received it on 4-2 and shipped it back on 4-5. Pretty awesome.

I read your post before sending it out and took the opportunity to do the same thing for the same reason you did.

Just looking at it and dry firing, everything seems good to go. Will take it to the range the next time I go to see how it functions. So another happy customer here with the upgrade program. FWIW, I did receive the 25% coupon.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1050 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BucFan:
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
I sweetened my odds by putting an envelope to the gunsmith with a thank you and a twenty spot in each case Smile

I received mine back today. They received it on 4-2 and shipped it back on 4-5. Pretty awesome.

I read your post before sending it out and took the opportunity to do the same thing for the same reason you did.

Just looking at it and dry firing, everything seems good to go. Will take it to the range the next time I go to see how it functions. So another happy customer here with the upgrade program. FWIW, I did receive the 25% coupon.

Glad it seemed to help. Maybe we will start a trend Smile I figure it is only $20 and it certainly can't hurt. Being a waiter and bartender in a former life I always tend towards tipping for good service anyhow.

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
They had 2 pistols back in a jiffy during the end of last year. Then I sent in my third one and they had it for almost a month. Made me worry enough to call them...and was on hold for nearly an hour for them to tell me it is coming soon. I think the adage of your mileage may vary will apply here.

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
/snip

Thank you, Sig, for the very boring and ordinary transaction. You did good, and I appreciate it. (Thanks for the discount card too. Nice touch.)

My 2-pistol transaction was boring too, just the way I like it. Those discount cards sure came in handy.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post