SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Cerakoted parts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cerakoted parts Login/Join 
posted
Just curious...have any of you with the tan/earth coated guns, coated/had coated, the black parts - slide release, the decocker, the slide stop, trigger and or sights, or any combination of the above ?
Seriously thinking of doing some if not all of the above. It looks like a 10 year olds toy as it is.

And yes, I know what I bought...had this in mind when I started the buying procedure.

Mike

Posts: 19 | Registered: January 07, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The SF Hive mainly uses these guys for coatings and refinish:
CCR
CoyoteKiller
Both are active SF members.
Contact either of them and they will take good care of you.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Are you talking about cerokoting the controls to black or from black to tan to match? I'm thinking of cerokoting one of my 1911s to coyote tan this weekend along with the controls.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have a P229 no rail that I purchased in the last week that was completely done by CCR.
It's an older triple serial numbered pistol that probably had some wear on it. It looks good now.
I wouldn't hesitate to get one refinished.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
If I understood you correctly, you're thinking of turning the existing controls from black to matching the Cerakote color the rest of the gun already is.

If that's the case, I'd say do what you think is best for you. The only Cerakote (or similar finish) gun I have is a SIG R516 FDE. Strictly on aesthetics, the base controls came in black, as well as the dust cover, buffer tube, charging handle, and other incidental parts. For me I prefer the contrast, especially since the barrel, flash hider and gas block are black and I'm reluctant to modify the finish of those pieces. So having a few parts finished in black across the rest of the rifle provides some continuity. An AR has a lot more surface area than a pistol so a direct comparison is a bit different, but to me if everything on my rifle were done in the same tone of FDE I'd tend to think it rather monotonous and bland. YMMV.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep...all one (or mostly) color.
Not sure what to do with the sights...

Thanks guys.

Mike

posted Hide Post
Ok...I give, where do I find these guys/shops ?
CCR
CoyoteKiller

I looked around here a coupla times with no luck.

Mike

posted Hide Post
CCR Refinishing

3351 Asheville Hwy, Greeneville, TN 37743
(423) 639-8924

https://g.co/kgs/iTTkw6

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7710060124

Here's the 229 I purchased off the forum. Pistol looks brand new.

posted Hide Post
Mike:
Go to the classifieds page.
Then go to the "find" box at the top of the page.
Type in coyotekiller in the find box.
In the first listed thread, go to page 1. lots of photos of his work and you should be able to contact him through the thread.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post