SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Non-fired first look at the US made P226 LDC
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-fired first look at the US made P226 LDC Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Just in, directly from the Pro Shop. Eek

I figured it's a classic and not some completely new out of the blue like the P210 American. So, SIG can't screw it up, now, can they?

I'll show plenty of pics, first, then I'll make my comments.

01- Price was actually $208 less than the original quoted price of $1737.

02- Came with 3x 17-rd padded base Mec-Gar mags. Same ones SIG Germany uses on the X-guns.

03- Came with 2 extra Hi-Viz front inserts, one green and one white.

04- They forgot to put in the E2 grip tool. No big deal.

05- No lock. No big deal.

06- Does SIG still use and promote Lucas oil/grease? Because I don't see any sample or even any brochure. No big deal to me. Just wondering.

07- This heavy chunk of solid stainless steel feels so good in the hands. Slide on frame fit is tight as a drum. It does have the SRT, although it's not mentioned on the factory label. The metal looks and feels very high quality.

08- Sights: Hi-Viz red front. Two-white-dot rear LPA, adjustable for both windage and elevation.

09- Slide: Love the short extractor.

10- Trigger: Honestly, nothing to write home about. Heavy DA (probably 12 lbs) and gritty SA (~5-5.5 lbs).

11- White recoil spring? I thought that's for the P229 (9mm). The P226 (9mm) is supposed to have the orange recoil spring, isn't it?

12- The frame (at the grip). It appears that SIG did the cut out at the bottom for folks who want to use the aluminum jet funnel like the X-guns. Thinking the X5 grips for the DA/SA Allround would fit right in, I took off the E2 grip and tried to put the Hogue G10 Allround grip on. Nope. Not gonna happen. The frame cut on top will not allow the grip panels to fit in. This is a grip that I know fits perfectly on my Allround.

Then, I tried the SIG logo aluminum grips for the regular P226 on. Nope. Doesn't fit, either.

So, it would appear that SIG designed a slightly different frame for the LDC? This means that the E2 grip currently being sold for the "regular" P226 would not fit the LDC? If so, it's a very dumb move. Because, if I needed new grip for the LDC, I'm SOL.

**** RANGE SESSION UPDATE HERE ****.

October, Friday the 13th.

Range: indoors

Guns: P226 Combat and P226 LDC (US made)

Ammo: Speer Lawman 9mm 124 Gr TMJ

Magazines: 2x 15-rd USA made factory and 1x 20-rd Mec-Gar (for the Combat); 3x 17-rd Mec-Gar as came from SIG (for the LDC)

Position: standing 2-hand

Rounds fired: 100 each pistol

Malfunctions: none

Comments:
- The initial review of the LDC is ->here<-. Again, I will maintain that the trigger really sucks on this one LDC. My trigger scale doesn't go above 8 lbs, so can only measure the SA pull, and it weighed in at 6 & 3/4 lbs averaged. That's just unacceptable and unpleasant to shoot. The Combat SA weighed in at 5.5 lbs averaged. Normally, I would have said that's still a little heavy. But, today, next to the LDC, it was a pleasure to shoot. And, it broke more cleanly that the LDC's trigger.

- Sights on the LDC is much better to pick up, which is no surprise, when you have the red fiber optic front.

- Grips on the Combat wins by a mile. No contest here. The Aluminum checkered grips are so comfortable. The E2 feels very good, but the Aluminum checkered is much better.

- Recoil: It's obvious the LDC wins here due to its all stainless construction plus the the extra weight of the LDC, but really not by much. This is a 9mm. Recoil is not going to be a real factor. Oh, and about the white recoil spring on the LDC, instead of the orange, I was worried there were going to be some malfunctions. But, there were none, thankfully.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
Q,

Congratulations on your fine purchase. Thank you for posting the pictures and your first impression. It looks like besides the E2 tool and the lock there's not a cleaning kit either is that correct? Did you compare the grips with any other E2 grips? I wonder if any of the Nills grips would fit? Or perhaps the E3 grips with the jet funnel, like the TACOPS? Curious on the recoil spring.

You certainly got it very quickly. $1529 out the door sounds pretty good.

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

12- The frame (at the grip). It appears that SIG did the cut out at the bottom for folks who want to use the aluminum jet funnel like the X-guns. Thinking the X5 grips for the DA/SA Allround would fit right in, I took off the E2 grip and tried to put the Hogue G10 Allround grip on. Nope. Not gonna happen. The frame cut on top will not allow the grip panels to fit in. This is a grip that I know fits perfectly on my Allround.

Then, I tried the SIG logo aluminum grips for the regular P226 on. Nope. Doesn't fit, either.

So, it would appear that SIG designed a slightly different frame for the LDC? This means that the E2 grip currently being sold for the "regular" P226 would not fit the LDC? If so, it's a very dumb move. Because, if I needed new grip for the LDC, I'm SOL.

No E2 grips on my German LDC. If someone can tell me how to get permission to post pictures, I will post a couple.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Q, wonderful score, thanks for sharing. This just moved up on my want list.

quote:
Originally posted by RC Fan:
No E2 grips on my German LDC. If someone can tell me how to get permission to post pictures, I will post a couple.

You have to use a photo hosting site like imgur, or some other equivalent, and copy the url and paste in the post using the URL button.

If you want to email them to me, I'll post them.

Posts: 295 | Location: TX | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool. I have been wanting one of these since I fist saw them. I had no idea they were coming here. I think it will be a great uspsa gun. Hopefully they are shipping with the correct springsSmile

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steel96:

quote:

You have to use a photo hosting site like imgur, or some other equivalent, and copy the url and paste in the post using the URL button.

If you want to email them to me, I'll post them.

Thanks for the offer!

Let me see if I can figure this out!

Cathy

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
If someone can tell me how to get permission to post pictures, I will post a couple.
You have permission, as long as you're logged in, which you obviously are since you posted this.

Use a photo hosting site, such as PostImage. Put the photo there, resizing as necessary, then copy the "Direct" link and use the link to post here.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
If someone can tell me how to get permission to post pictures, I will post a couple.
You have permission, as long as you're logged in, which you obviously are since you posted this.

Use a photo hosting site, such as PostImage. Put the photo there, resizing as necessary, then copy the "Direct" link and use the link to post here.

Won’t work for me. When I look at the photo posting help on this forum, it says you must have permission to post a photo. For some reason I don’t seem to have that permission on my list.

Cathy

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Seeing that it had the E2 grip was the deal breaker for me, as I have no use for E2's.

Now to find that nothing else appears to work definitely sucks!

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
There are clearly 2 sources for the LDC.

1- The one that RC Fan has was made, assembled, and proofed entirely in Germany ("U" prefix serial #, German proof marks, and no US markings).

2- The ones made here at SIG USA have "US17" or "US16" on the frame, with the "47A" prefix serial numbers.
*Some are destined for the German market, and they will have the "DE" and all the German proof marks.
*The ones that are US made and remain here, like mine, have none of the German proof marks, but still have "DE", which is a puzzle. Did SIG stamp the "DE" here, anticipating shipping the guns to Germany for final proofing? Confused

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Posting for Cathy.

Pics here

Posts: 295 | Location: TX | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
12131 - drool....

Very nice.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
The white spring IS strange!

For that money, you'd think it would have a factory trigger job? No?

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good review & pics, thanks.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DC3S:
Q,

Congratulations on your fine purchase. Thank you for posting the pictures and your first impression. It looks like besides the E2 tool and the lock there's not a cleaning kit either is that correct? Did you compare the grips with any other E2 grips? I wonder if any of the Nills grips would fit? Or perhaps the E3 grips with the jet funnel, like the TACOPS? Curious on the recoil spring.

You certainly got it very quickly. $1529 out the door sounds pretty good.

No cleaning kit. Everything you see in pics is what came with it.
I have no other P226 E2 grip to compare with.

quote:
Originally posted by NoQuota:
The white spring IS strange!

Yeah, I'll ask SIG about it on Monday. Or, maybe Bruce can chime in, since he said in the other thread that he bought one.

quote:

You would think, right? This thing probably will go to Robert Burke, if it doesn't eventually smooth out with workouts.

Q

An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Nice but I was really hoping they would eliminate the rail...

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful pistol. I prefer the E2 grips even though in have large hands

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
You would think, right? This thing probably will go to Robert Burke, if it doesn't eventually smooth out with workouts.

That is strange—the trigger is quite nice on mine. I’ll measure both pulls.

Cathy

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
RC Fan, if you don't mind, please take off the grips and compare your frame to mine. I can already tell from what little being shown on yours that the frames at the grip area have slightly different constructions.

Q