SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Non-fired first look at the US made P226 LDC
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-fired first look at the US made P226 LDC Login/Join 
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
2- The ones made here at SIG USA have "US17" or "US16" on the frame, with the "47A" prefix serial numbers.
*Some are destined for the German market, and they will have the "DE" and all the German proof marks.
*The ones that are US made and remain here, like mine, have none of the German proof marks, but still have "DE", which is a puzzle. Did SIG stamp the "DE" here, anticipating shipping the guns to Germany for final proofing? Confused

I can tell you my 2009 357 229 has the same DE mark, I bought it at cabalas. it's remained a mystery to me.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
quote:
2- The ones made here at SIG USA have "US17" or "US16" on the frame, with the "47A" prefix serial numbers.
*Some are destined for the German market, and they will have the "DE" and all the German proof marks.
*The ones that are US made and remain here, like mine, have none of the German proof marks, but still have "DE", which is a puzzle. Did SIG stamp the "DE" here, anticipating shipping the guns to Germany for final proofing? Confused

I can tell you my 2009 357 229 has the same DE mark, I bought it at cabalas. it's remained a mystery to me.

In addition, does the frame say "Frame Made In Germany"? If so, then no mystery.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Damn shame about the grip incompatibility. The E² grip on a P226 has never done it for me, either aesthetically or ergonomically. I do like that long dust cover look however. Just wish they had a gear rail delete option to go with a E² changeout; Nill walnut grips would look SO much better.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw a youtube review from Europe, mentioned an E3 grip. Looked like the tacops magwell grip. Might have to look to Germany for parts.

YouTube link

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this. I was not aware of a Long Dust Cover model. Is the theory that the extra weight reduces muzzle rise and thus it returns to target more quickly for follow up shots?
Other advantages to it?

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@ 12131

In case you have not seen this, Hogue has mentioned the following on their website and may be of benefit to you.

"Attention P226 DA/SA Owners, Sig Sauer recently changed the design of their Stainless Elite P226 pistols. There is a new cut at the bottom of the frame that our grip will not clear. Serial numbers 47A146757 and above have this new modification. Before ordering, please check your frame for this change. If you would like to purchase one of these grips and you have the new frame, please call in your order. We will modify the grip for you before shipping."

https://www.hogueinc.com/grips/sigsauer/p226/dasa/g10

Posts: 88 | Location: Crawfordville | Registered: October 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Hogue has always made it easy to buy from them and get the right product.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
We see tremendous possibilities with this basic LSC platform. With encouragement from our friends in NH, Scott Springer and I are playing with it, and you'll see some intetesting initial results soon. We're really pleased with the interest y'all have shown with it!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
We see tremendous possibilities with this basic LDC platform. With encouragement from our friends in NH, Scott Springer and I are playing with it, and you'll see some intetesting initial results soon. We're really pleased with the interest y'all have shown with it!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
We see tremendous possibilities with this basic LSC platform. With encouragement from our friends in NH, Scott Springer and I are playing with it, and you'll see some intetesting initial results soon. We're really pleased with the interest y'all have shown with it!

-Bruce

Looking forward to your results. Has Sig given any thought to chambering the p226 LDC in 40S&W? TIA

Posts: 88 | Location: Crawfordville | Registered: October 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
12131 - this is all your fault! I picked up the black version from my FFL yesterday Big Grin

Off to the range tomorrow!

Posts: 398 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tekmassa:
12131 - this is all your fault! I picked up the black version from my FFL yesterday Big Grin

Off to the range tomorrow!

Pics?

Posts: 295 | Location: TX | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delay on the pics. These are post-range trip and pre-cleaning, so excuse the fuzz from the quick wipe down. Also, not gonna do justice to 12131's photo quality, but you get the idea. The exact same pistol, in black. Oh, and I swapped to the green fiber optic.

Posts: 398 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Are these available at normal dealers? I just saw some on GB from a seller that has lots of X5 imports.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And a couple notes on the range trip.

Unlike 12131's pistol, the white recoil spring on mine caused issues for me. Given that it is the factory spring for a 9mm P229, it wasn't powerful enough to fully close the slide on my pistol about 50% of the time. I had to reach up and slightly bump the back of the slide for it to close completely. I swapped in an orange recoil spring from my other P226 and the issues disappeared. Already spoke to Sig this morning, who is kindly sending me an orange recoil spring as replacement.

Second note, regarding the trigger. My trigger is smooth with less effort required than my other factory P226. I don't have a trigger gauge, but it was pleasant in both DA and SA.
Not "heavy", and definitely not the workout that 12131 described on his.

The gun itself was a pleasure to shoot. The all steel construction really soaks up the recoil and I was back on target much quicker. I'm no competitive shooter so take that for what it's worth, I can only compare it to my other P226 and X5s Smile

PGT - they are available at the Sig Pro Shop and at Osage County Guns it appears. Not 100% on the story behind these or Sig's long term plans, but they have been building them for export to Germany previously.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Are these available at normal dealers? I just saw some on GB from a seller that has lots of X5 imports.

Osage has the black one, one of the ones that came from SIG USA. Exactly like tekmassa's.

E26R-9-BAS-LDC-DE

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
This is what the SIG Pro Shop guy (the one who sold me the gun) told me.

- The "DE" meant it was intended for the German market, as expected. SIG decided to keep a few back home. How many? Don't know.

- He said the white recoil spring was intended for this particular model because "it functions best with the weight of the slide on the LDC model". Does this make sense to anyone? Not to me. The LDC slide is stainless and same length as any other current P226 slide, isn't it? So, how is its weight any different? Ignore that last dumb comment, please. Roll Eyes

- He's pretty sure they will make the LDC intended for the US market in the future. When that future is is anyone's guess, as we all know.

Q

posted Hide Post
I posted some photos of the slide on a scale yesterday ( http://www.osagecountyguns.com...-sauer/sig-p226-ldc/ ) if that is helpful. I'm hoping to do a video on this model if I can make time.

Osage County Guns
Wright City, MO

Posts: 767 | Registered: October 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OsageCountyGuns:
I posted some photos of the slide on a scale yesterday ( http://www.osagecountyguns.com...-sauer/sig-p226-ldc/ ) if that is helpful. I'm hoping to do a video on this model if I can make time.

Just sent you guys email on GB re: the trigger. Wink

Q

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by OsageCountyGuns:

Just sent you guys email on GB re: the trigger. Wink

Thanks! Another employee handles that but I had him pass it on to me. Much appreciated!

Osage County Guns
Wright City, MO

Posts: 767 | Registered: October 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post