SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Non-fired first look at the US made P226 LDC
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-fired first look at the US made P226 LDC Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
RC Fan, if you don't mind, please take off the grips and compare your frame to mine. I can already tell from what little being shown on yours that the frames at the grip area have slightly different constructions.

Will do.

Average DA pull is 11.12, SA is 4.12. No grit in mine.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine also has an adjustable triggerstop—don’t see that in the US one.

Cathy

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RC Fan:
Mine also has an adjustable triggerstop—don’t see that in the US one.

Yeah, I see that. It must also be a solid trigger. Mine is the hollowed out trigger. I have a couple of GGI P-SAIT triggers laying around that I might do the swap.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ziggy308
posted Hide Post
Are the grip holes taped.

need to post picks for item up for sale

Posts: 566 | Location: lost in Illinois | Registered: March 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
RC Fan, if you don't mind, please take off the grips and compare your frame to mine. I can already tell from what little being shown on yours that the frames at the grip area have slightly different constructions.

Will do.

Average DA pull is 11.12, SA is 4.12. No grit in mine.

At 11.12 isn't that out of spec? Shouldn't the DA pull be 10.5 from the factory?

This model is intended for competition, it should come with a DA pull in the 8 lb range at least.

Obviously the frame and slide got all the extra attention, not trying to be over critical, as I'm sure some stoning in the key areas would transform it into a terrific piece.

And I'm super jealous of both of you!

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Killing me here.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any chance I can buy the skeletonized hammer and extended slide stop from sig for my current guns?

Nice gun and appreciate the info. My wallet probably doesn't so much, but eh... Will the nitron finish be available here without import?

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup! I hate you even more now!! Wink

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in, thanks for the chance at such a nice pistol. Big Grin

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
They machined the top of the grip frame totally different on the US version. Why would they do that?

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yup, different cuts on top. Now, I'm seriously annoyed. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know in Germany there is a LDC 1 and 2. Wonder which one yours is?

Cathy

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know in Germany there is a LDC 1 and 2. Wonder which one yours is?

Whatever it is, the frame was made in a way that I can't use any other P226 grips that are out there. Mad

Q

posted Hide Post
Both a German versions are shown on this website:http://bh-waffenhandel.de/angebot/neuwaffen/sig-sauer-kurzwaffen

Cathy

Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Not a huge fan of those HiViz lightpipes. My Dad had one on his 226, and I had one on my Buckmark for a while, too. I thought they were too wide and the dots too big. Both of those guns now have Dawsons on them.

The extended slide stop looks like the same one I have on my classic Allround.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
Congrats 12131 - it looks like you got a really good specimen. It will even pass a qc check of someone with ocd. Well done.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
What does the LDC designation signify?

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
I believe it is “Long Dust Cover”

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I noted that the barrel was not marked with 10 mm or 357 Sig. It is therefore completely deficient and suitable only for a display piece. And a might fine display piece it is!

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whatever it is, the frame was made in a way that I can't use any other P226 grips that are out there. Mad

Will your X-5 grips work by any chance?

Nevermind, re-read your original post and saw mention of the X-5 Allround grips you tried. So weird, was ready to pull the trigger on one of these, but this has me hesitant...

Posts: 398 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post