SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Non-fired first look at the US made P226 LDC
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-fired first look at the US made P226 LDC Login/Join 
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
tekmassa- I noticed you are in Winter Garden. If you would like some company shooting- let me know. Always looking for fellow Sig Freaks to go to the range with.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
akasigFreak - drop me a line to my profile email next time you're heading to the range

Posts: 398 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gaspipes
posted Hide Post
Where can you buy one of these? Not on the Sig website. Is it a special run or something?

Μολὼν λαβέ

Posts: 1345 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gaspipes:
Where can you buy one of these? Not on the Sig website. Is it a special run or something?

Call the SIG Pro Shop. They might or might not still have it. Option two, check on Osage (see page 3, bottom).

Q

Posts: 26386 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Q, lighter recoil spring if slide is heavier makes sense. I can see that guns like SIGs, that might have a more closely fitted barrel/slide/frame, might need the full weight recoil spring though to function reliably. What is the difference in slide weight between the LDC slide and something like my standard MK25 slide?

NRA Life

Posts: 1565 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol!

The extra mass should help me continue to shoot SIGs as my aching hands/wrists age, but the E2 grip configuration is a no-go for me, so I hope to see a non-E2 version available in the USA. (Perhaps custom grips, built to the normal P226 dimensions, would be possible.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted Hide Post
Grip options for the LDC models.

Still under review but from what we have come up with so far, Standard P226 DA/SA grips REV K (G10 or Alum.) should fit as they should on these models. A small relief cut has been made on the REV K versions (relief cut at bottom of frame)of this grip to fit not only the Elite models but also the LDC frames. This grip will also fit the DA/SA models too.
We still have questions that are slowly getting answered and notes are being added to our knowledge base for these models.

If you have any questions or concerns, let me know

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1597 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The sights on the LDC are terrible. It looks like Bruce has a nice solution posted on his Instagram page.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken @ Hogue Inc:

Still under review but from what we have come up with so far, Standard P226 DA/SA grips REV K (G10 or Alum.) should fit as they should on these models. A small relief cut has been made on the REV K versions (relief cut at bottom of frame)of this grip to fit not only the Elite models but also the LDC frames. This grip will also fit the DA/SA models too.
We still have questions that are slowly getting answered and notes are being added to our knowledge base for these models.

If you have any questions or concerns, let me know

Thank you, Ken! Can't wait. Cool

Q

Posts: 26386 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
You didn't get any pics of the frame rails ?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
You didn't get any pics of the frame rails ?

They are in the first post, David.

Q

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I missed them again. You can sure see where the extra weight in its slide is. It is a great pistol. Your Combat model is a fine shooter too. I would be craving black irons if I had a LDC. Along the lines of Bomars. Any how, enjoy.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken @ Hogue Inc:

Thank you for the update Ken

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Ken!

I made the Rev K relief cuts on my G10 (Rev J) and Aluminum grips and can confirm they fit my LDC perfectly. The aluminum (old style) grips also needed a small relief for the trigger bar spring, but all of my other Hogue grips already have this.

Posts: 398 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tekmassa:
Thanks for the info Ken!

I made the Rev K relief cuts on my G10 (Rev J) ..........

-------_____________________________________________________________

Also confirmed with SIG that the LDC frame is the same used on the Stainless Elite so yes, these grips (REV K) will fit.
Thanks tekmassa

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1597 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post