SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    226 Extreme & MK25?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

226 Extreme & MK25? Login/Join 
posted
Is the SIG 226 Extreme worth getting or is it redundant with my MK25? I have 4 9MM pistols and I usually shoot my SIG MK25 because of tendinitis issues and I am so much more accurate with the gun. Sometimes I carry my HK 30 L but my MMP 91.0 usually stays home. Once in a while I will carry Beretta full-size PX4 9mm.

On my MK25 I have the Trijicon HD orange night sights and I had Exner conducted an action enhancement package to reduce the trigger pull.

I like my SIG a lot and enjoy shooting it. Would be worth it to get the 226 extreme? It has those nice Hogue G10 grips and the SRT trigger. Do other people get multiple 226's

Any thoughts?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
Is the SIG 226 Extreme worth getting or is it redundant with my MK25? I have 4 9MM pistols and I usually shoot my SIG MK25 because of tendinitis issues and I am so much more accurate with the gun. Sometimes I carry my HK 30 L but my MMP 91.0 usually stays home. Once in a while I will carry Beretta full-size PX4 9mm.

On my MK25 I have the Trijicon HD orange night sights and I had Exner conducted an action enhancement package to reduce the trigger pull.

I like my SIG a lot and enjoy shooting it. Would be worth it to get the 226 extreme? It has those nice Hogue G10 grips and the SRT trigger. Do other people get multiple 226's

Any thoughts?

Oh yeah, people get multiple 226s. The Extreme is a great 226. It really doesn't add to any features that you don't have with the MK25. At least none that aren't listed. The only biggie is the rail is different on the MK25.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
You can never have too many P226's!

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanie-Bean
posted Hide Post
226 Extreme has the Short Reset Trigger, as well as the Short Reach Trigger. People get those mixed up a lot. One will reset the trigger in a shorter distance than the MK25, and one is a thinner-profile trigger requiring a shorter reach.

I've since sold my Extreme off, but kept the MK25.

Now, I do have a P220 Extreme which I've modified by putting in a standard P220 trigger, and that one is a keeper.

Ammo by Dillon and Hornady
NRA Life Member

Posts: 496 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanie-Bean:
226 Extreme has the Short Reset Trigger, as well as the Short Reach Trigger. People get those mixed up a lot. One will reset the trigger in a shorter distance than the MK25, and one is a thinner-profile trigger requiring a shorter reach.

I've since sold my Extreme off, but kept the MK25.

Now, I do have a P220 Extreme which I've modified by putting in a standard P220 trigger, and that one is a keeper.

How did you like the Short Reach Trigger? I heard that it can be pressure on the spot of the finger?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanie-Bean
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of short reach... I get pinched by the trigger, so I swap those out with standard triggers. Feels more like a SIG to me in that configuration.

Plus, I don't get pinched!

Ammo by Dillon and Hornady
NRA Life Member

Posts: 496 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:

Any thoughts?

I know where you are coming from, I'm in the same boat myself, except the role is reversed. I bought a new P226 Extreme a few years ago when Sig was running it as a promotional with the dealers. It came standard with the Hogue G10 grips, Short Reset Trigger and Sig nite-sights. I really liked the package as it was, but last summer I sent it to Sig for their AEP treatment and new X-Ray sights. It was a good package before, but those two upgrades really made a difference for me for casual shooting. In those respects, aside from the Short Reset Trigger, it would be almost identical to your MK25.

In full disclosure, I have never fired an MK25. But, I have shot a friend's P229 and my SP2022, neither of which have the Short Reset Trigger. I really do like that feature, and would recommend that upgrade on your MK25, if you don't decide to get the Extreme.

At this point, as much as I would really like to get a P226 Legion, the only version I could justify would be the SAO. That model is still on my short-list for near-term purchases.

Nothing wrong with getting another P226, right?

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used the Sig standard reach, short reach and GGI P-SPIT (now P-SAIT) triggers on my P226 and P229.

I hated the short reach trigger. Pinched and had odd shape. Some love it, some hate it. Even though the reach with the standard trigger was a little too long, I shot better with it and it was more comfortable.

I currently use the GGI triggers on my Sigs. The P-SPIT/P-SAIT trigger splits the difference in reach between the two Sig triggers. More important, is the fact that the trigger face shape/contour is superior to either Sig. I found the gun was less likely to displace laterally with the GGI.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post