SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Legacy Sports International to distribute Sig Sauer Germany into the U.S.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legacy Sports International to distribute Sig Sauer Germany into the U.S. Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted
RENO, NV –– Legacy Sports International is proud to announce the development of a new partnership between SIG SAUER Germany and Legacy Sports International. This new agreement with Legacy Sports International authorizes the exclusive import of SIG SAUER German made firearms into the USA through the Legacy Sports Headquarters based out of Reno, Nevada.

“We are happy to know our products for the US market are finally back in the hands of a strong and focused importer and supplier. We are looking forward to all of the new opportunities this relationship will bring to SIG SAUER of Germany and to the US Market.” Said Tim Castagne, President of SIG SAUER Germany.

US Dealers and consumers can expect to see a fine variety of the popular German made SIG SAUER products including but not limited to such renowned items as the P210 LEGEND and the P226 X-Line (Only available from Sig Germany) featuring the highest of precision craftsmanship and accuracy that the historic SIG SAUER German brand is known for."

https://www.shootingwire.com/r...be-bc6f-651950378725

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Apparently I don't know enough about Sig Sauer to not understand why Sig Sauer in NH is not the importer/supplier of Sig Sauer Germany products.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
Apparently I don't know enough about Sig Sauer to not understand why Sig Sauer in NH is not the importer/supplier of Sig Sauer Germany products.

SIG NH was the importer, until THIS happened.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Aw shucks, guess I need to start saving now. Wink

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:

From the people who brought Americans the Howa, eh? They promise a 'fine variety', but are they just going to be bringing in two product lines or opening a door that'll get at least some people past doing one-off imports? Guess I'll have to shoot them an email and see what gives.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ksss
posted Hide Post
Does this mean the SSG 3000 can come back to the US?

Posts: 390 | Location: idaho | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might also impact warranty support in a good way for German Sig's imported to the US through LSI.

Posts: 342 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I have a Howa Bravo bolt rifle distributed by LSI. I’ve called them a couple of times with questions and their service has been outstanding. Hopefully the SIGs they bring over will be offered with reasonable pricing.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised SIG Sauer US didn't 86 this deal. P210A now has competition in the P210 Legend and the P320 X5 with the "real" X5.

Posts: 841 | Registered: January 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
RENO, NV –– Legacy Sports International is proud to announce the development of a new partnership between SIG SAUER Germany and Legacy Sports International. This new agreement with Legacy Sports International authorizes the exclusive import of SIG SAUER German made firearms into the USAthrough the Legacy Sports Headquarters based out of Reno, Nevada.

“We are happy to know our products for the US market are finally back in the hands of a strong and focused importer and supplier. We are looking forward to all of the new opportunities this relationship will bring to SIG SAUER of Germany and to the US Market.” Said Tim Castagne, President of SIG SAUER Germany.

US Dealers and consumers can expect to see a fine variety of the popular German made SIG SAUER products including but not limited to such renowned items as the P210 LEGEND and the P226 X-Line (Only available from Sig Germany) featuring the highest of precision craftsmanship and accuracy that the historic SIG SAUER German brand is known for."

Any speculation as to whether this new agreement will impact other current SIG importers such as MMBI or Armory Craft? and is so, how?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
We'll have to find out what they're bringing in, first.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:

SIG NH was the importer, until THIS happened.

Which is total BS. If Sig sold them to the U.S. government, what the U.S. government does after they are the owner of them, is up to the U.S. government not SIG.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Competition brings out the best in all!

Posts: 83 | Location: Montgomery county, PA | Registered: May 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Operation slow and semi furious

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Any speculation as to whether this new agreement will impact other current SIG importers such as MMBI or Armory Craft? and is so, how?

I would tend to think that LSI will be dealing in volumes higher than all of the independent importers which could result in prices that undercut everyone else.

I wonder if this could open up the possibility of some limited runs being made or group buys. An all stainless P220 in 9mm has always been at the top of my list...

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HODY905:
Competition brings out the best in all!

My concern is the use of the word "exclusive"...as in, will this agreement prevent the independent importers like MMBI from further importing SIGs for their customers?...thus eliminating the competition.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder if this could open up the possibility of some limited runs being made or group buys. An all stainless P220 in 9mm has always been at the top of my list...

{ears perk up, thinks...I need more 9mmUS magazines, and I wonder if Bruce Gray could convert a 9mm ST to .38 Super?}

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
^^^

Given the platform, I can't think of a reason he couldn't. Barrel, spring, and magazines. Let the fun begin!

Given the parts in a kit, you should be able to do it yourself.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve never heard of “SIG Sauer Germany.” Is that the same as SIG Sauer GmbH?

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
I’ve never heard of “SIG Sauer Germany.” Is that the same as SIG Sauer GmbH?

Germany, DE, whatever. Use it to differentiate from SIG USA (or NH).

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post