SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK MK23 Socom
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK MK23 Socom Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have one in FDE I bought in 2006. It’s actually lighter than a full size 45 though bigger. The DA of the trigger is pretty robust but the SA is very nice. I don’t shoot mine anymore since I pretty much consolidated down to 9mm and don’t really keep.45 around.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
One of my dream guns. I picked up an HK45 tactical from a coworker a few years back, beautiful pistol, but man when I shoot it I wish it was a Mk23

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My son presented me with this gun in front of 250 family and friends at our 25th wedding anniversary party. He was in cadet grey uniform, his cow year at West Point. What I am going to say will be biased by emotion. I have spent my life shooting handguns, and searching for the perfect handgun. This is as close as I have gotten. I shoot this gun more accurately than any other .45. You have to look at the Mark 23 in a historical context. the system is 20+ years old. the features of the Mark 23 are now standard on most entry-level pistols. At the time, the Mark 23 was cutting edge. It is tacticool. Every time I take it to the range, guys want to shoot it, it generates interest. The Iraq war was on when I recieved mine, there was no way to get the KAC can. I bought an AAC can which works fine. The insight laser aiming module is the real thing. Mine came in the woodland camo Eagle nylon case with all the pockets. What a package! My son is now medically retired from the Army. I am now 60. But when I shoot that gun with the can on it, I feel like an 18-year-old MP again, in my prime. At my age, it's nice to be able to hit everything you aim at up to 100 yards with this extraordinary handgun. Some things you buy with your heart, and not your head.

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2339 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Big, oversized and kind of obnoxious. I LOVE IT! It's the most accurate .45 I have, likely the most reliable, easy to shoot, super fun with a can on the end and the single action trigger is actually really nice. Other than being a no go for CCW, you can't go wrong. I've considered getting a second one....just because....

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Ive gone back and forth with it. I want it bad, unfortunately, I just cant afford to do it. Kid in College still, it would just be the wrong thing. Hopefully in the future when things change financially and empty nestedI can still get one. I appreciate everyone's thoughts and input. Be well all my SF friends!! sigguy(the 1st).

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5295 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGGUY (THE 1ST):
Ive gone back and forth with it. I want it bad, unfortunately, I just cant afford to do it. Kid in College still, it would just be the wrong thing. Hopefully in the future when things change financially and empty nestedI can still get one. I appreciate everyone's thoughts and input. Be well all my SF friends!! sigguy(the 1st).

When the nest is empty, after the kitchen remodel, have to build/update the patio ... there's always an excuse.

Start a dedicated fund and quit putting it off.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does the MK23 use the Same USP45 mags?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Slightly different base plate ... If the USP is the same as the Tactical, it can take the MK23 mags, otherwise you would have to cut a notch in the baseplate of the USP mag to use it in a MK23.

I saw a lot of MK23 owners doing that that during the Clinton ban when all that was readily available was the 10 rounders

186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Its the last HK I want to add to the stable. Beautiful pistols.

Posts: 3250 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are there any differences between the years?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
The differences are in detail only. Finishes, roll marks, nothing essential. Some collectors seek the first year examples. Mine's a shooter so I don't care about particulars. I keep it because it's danged cool. Nothing feels quite like a cycling Mark 23 with a KAC suppressor. It's so mechanical. Like the feel of shifting a new rock crusher transmission. The size of the slide and booster in the can make the extraction and chambering feel slower and more deliberate. None of my other guns, including the USP Tactical, feel like that. The softer recoil makes target reacquisition quite a bit faster and more sure.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've got a SWR Octane 45 suppressor ... it feels the same as you describe with the KAC suppressor ... but I'd still like to feel the KAC Wink

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
It feels like a gas blow back airsoft gun with the KAC can. I laughed the first time I shot mine. Like Darthfuster said it's very unique to the gun and none of my other pistols come close suppressed.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3596 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post