SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P229 SAO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P229 SAO Login/Join 
posted
With the apparent success of the Wilson EDC X9, what are the chances of Sig making a SAO 229? They seem to be very similar in size, so why not??

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig has their hands full right now with the 320 so I doubt you'll see one being drawn up anytime soon.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
A P229 Legion SAO would be a great pistol to compare the Wilson to.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I'm sure their plate is quite full with the 320 issue, but considering they've already made a 220 & 226 SAO, it shouldn't be a problem making it happen, technically speaking.

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
They're too busy with making Special Editions like the Blue Piranha and the Titanium Blue P229s to offer what SIG aficionados really want. Wink

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That question (albeit not in the context of the Wilson) has been asked. Sig's answer was a firm "No."

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I asked Sig once when the regular 226R SAO came out and again when the Legion pistols came out. No both times. The second time was at their store. Guy said no but he'd be in line right behind me if they ever did. haha

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P226 Legion SAO and love the trigger on it. I also have a P229 SAS Gen2 and a P239 SAS Gen2 that I carry a lot. If Sig was to come out with both a P229 and a P239 SAS SAO version for each, I would be very very tempted to buy both (as additional carry guns).

Are you listening Sig? Big Grin

Posts: 52 | Registered: September 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
938 HD first...still waiting

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
P229 SAO, is at the TOP of my WANT list!

I'll even take one in titanium blue!

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes please, in .357!

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I stopped waiting for one and bought a CZ P07 and use the safety, not the decocker on it. I also have a Rami with manual safety. I think this completes my needs since I have a 220 & 226 SAO. I rarely shoot my 1911s anymore.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

That literally made me chuckle.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:

No need to be a snob. I was thinking that it would be interesting to compare a $1400 pistol to a $3000 pistol that were both designed for similar purposes and see if I could appreciate the differences.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcba_joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:

It would fit the same smaller than fullsize, reliable, doublestack, SAO, non-1911 niche as the EDC-X.

(Almost) No one would make the case the SIG would compare, but a Legion P229-SAO would nearly fill that same role for the rest of us.

Posts: 195 | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post