SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Volquartsen and Ruger Mk IV - hero
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Volquartsen and Ruger Mk IV - hero Login/Join 
posted
An example of good works: Ruger's excellent Mk IV (which finally is such that one can open and close the pistol with ease) had an issue with the (stupid) thumb safety. Ruger required restoring pistol with original parts and sending the pistol in to be fixed. Ugg.

The wonderful people out in Iowa at Volquartsen said to send the frames to them and they would put pistol into compliance with Ruger's recall (including a new sear). Sent two on 8th received back today the 18th.

Measured trigger force when sent: 3.7 pounds-force and 4.5 pounds-force (average).

Measured trigger force when returned: 2.4 pounds-force average for both!

Clearly, Volquartsen will be crafting great products for a long time. . . .and the problem they solved was not their fault.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fz4vgq
posted Hide Post
Just got mine in the mail from Brownells today, promptly installed it with the great video on youtube without much hassle. My stock trigger was over 6 lbs when it came back from Ruger for the safety recall. Luckily my Volquartsen kit had the new sear for the post recall pistols. My trigger now breaks at 2.4-2.5 pounds consistently and is awesome.

Enjoy that new Volquartsen trigger Mac !

Posts: 2463 | Location: Winter Wonderland | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Right trigger "weight" for that pistol now. If weather ever warms, the "fixed" Mk IV, 22/45 Lite will be ideal for low cost practice. Similar sights to those on IDPA pistol. Only wish it were easy to mount MantisX with an under-rail.

Mac

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post