SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any love for Von Stavenhagen sights?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any love for Von Stavenhagen sights? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The undisputed evidence of a true Sig fanatic?
He knows what Von Stavenhagen sights are. And know his first name Georg.
And he was Russian.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am indifferent on them. Kahr Arms was using a similar design, just a little lower profile. It has worked well for them.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
My favorite sights as well!

It’s unfortunate that SIG abandoned them Frown

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
The only sights that I can use effectively without my glasses.

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 954 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
Yes. They are on almost all of my SIGs, I love them, and have never considered changing them out.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are my favorite Sig sight set as well. But where can they be purchased today? I found a seller on eBay. The description says "New" but the picture shows used, dirty, dingy and yellowed sights. I sent that seller a question asking why the description doesn't match the picture. They have a very high rating though so who knows.

I need a set for for my P220 Compact SAS, #6 Front and #8 Rear.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TN Mark,

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 230 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Fantastic and one of the best sights made. There are better, some specific to need but those old classics are classic for a reason.

Going to night sights that are similar, I always found the Heine straight 8's to be very similar and put them on a couple carry guns.

I'm glad I kept all the ones I took off over the years when I installed night sights.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
Twas just thinking the other day "why aren't Von Stavenhagen sights more popular"

Posts: 609 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TN Mark:
...where can they be purchased today?
I need a set for for my P220 Compact SAS, #6 Front and #8 Rear.

#6 Front is easy to find, b/c it's still in production. You can get it as white contrast dot, Siglite NS, or X-ray NS, and those are OEM Sig options. There are plenty of aftermarket ones.

#8 Rear white-bar is becoming increasingly harder to find. In my experience, the best place to find them is right here on SF. Lot of SF members swapped out their Von Stavenhagens for Tritium NS and have their old sights languishing in their parts bin.

quote:
Which is correct for the Classic Sig P series? Remove: Right to Left, Install: Left to Right

This is the way. Read the following thread for further clarification:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/4730011644

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I like them as well. I always seemed faster and more accurate with them.
As my eyes have gotten older, I have transitioned to XS Big Dot Sights on nearly everything.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Absolutely! My favorite!

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My absolute favorite sight on a handgun. The Beretta M9 has a similar sight picture.

Posts: 624 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
I‘m very comfortable with them!

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I am a fan. I’ve currently only got one gun (p228) that has them, but if Sig still made them they’d be my first choice.

I’m also a fan of the concept of the Glock sight. I just wish they were metal instead of plastic and a little more care was taken in making sure the ball was in the basket when the tops were even. It’s not the most precise sighting system, but it’s fast up close.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^You can buy Glock factory sights in metal. Its what i replaced all my plastic Glock sights with.

I am also a fan of the sig Von Sta sights. All my sigs wear them with the exception of my Fastback Carry Nightmare 1911 and a P-225 which came from the factory with NS and i just never changed.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Oh yeah. It's why I like and prefer straight-8 sights as much as I do.

I thought I remembered responding to this thread once already. Still the same response today, whether the original or with the various stacking offshoots. Hell of a lot better than with those X-Ray (or SIGlite) 3-dots with that damnable 'combat' hold that SIG and HK love to use.

quote:
I’m also a fan of the concept of the Glock sight. I just wish they were metal instead of plastic and a little more care was taken in making sure the ball was in the basket when the tops were even. It’s not the most precise sighting system, but it’s fast up close.

I've always found the 'goal post' easy and fast to work with. No it's not for the precision shooter but for what a Glock was originally designed and intended to do, I've always liked them in that context...even in plastic. When it comes to Glocks I shoot more accurately with that sight than I do with 3-dots, though I confess that most of my Glocks have been switched over to i-Dots or hi-viz Ameriglo front with a serrated blacked out rear. But I still have a half dozen or so wearing the goal post in both plastic and steel.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a fan. I prefer them significantly over basic 3 dot sights because those suck. I’m never leaving 3 dot or von sta sights if I have an option. As for being classic, well yea, but they have been outclassed by newer designs. For a non night sight design any fiber optic works better for me. So I have to say they work fine but there are much better options. I would never go looking to buy some. I guess I know now where I can give old ones away easily though. Lol

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The undisputed evidence of a true Sig fanatic?
He knows what Von Stavenhagen sights are. And know his first name Georg.
And he was Russian.

True, here's a pretty well written article about him.

Link

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting read. Did not know the story at all.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Yes, fascinating article, thanks for the link, HRK.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post